4 Homemade Anti-Acne Facial Masks
A mask made with brewer's yeast is perfect for any type of skin. Thanks to mask's ingredients, it makes your skin firmer, helps get rid of toxins, and reduces excess grease.
Facial masks for acne are a godsend.
Acne-prone skin requires special care in order to get rid of excess grease, dead skin cells, and toxins that build up in the skin, meaning that people who suffer from acne need to use special products to purify and disinfect their skin.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to easily prepare 4 fantastic anti-acne facial masks at home with totally natural ingredients.
Forget about chemical products that are too aggressive for your sensitive skin in the long term, and discover the huge benefits of these natural ingredients.
Facial masks for acne: How do they work?
You should apply natural masks for combatting acne once per week. If you have very oily skin, you can even use them twice per week.
- Wash your face well and exfoliate softly with a bit of salt or sugar, massaging it into your skin in a circular fashion.
- Focus on the extra oily areas, and try not to scratch spots where you currently have an acne breakout.
- Rinse your face off with water and dry well.
- Apply the mask, avoiding the area around your eyes, and let it sit for approximately 20 minutes.
- Then, wash and dry your face, and immediately apply a hydrating oil-free lotion. For example, you can use jojoba oil or coconut oil; although these lotions have an oily texture, they have much less oil than other options.
- If you have extremely oily skin, just apply a bit of natural aloe vera.
Aloe vera and lemon
Aloe vera is very well-known for its hydrating and healing properties.
It is usually sold as a gel at pharmacies and health food shops, but we recommend having a small aloe vera plant at home so that you can get this product in its most natural form just by cutting into one of its stalks.
Peel the stalk and scoop out the gel inside. Then, wash the gelatin mass well to get rid of any substances that could irritate the skin.
This mask also includes lemon, which is great for cleaning and purifying your skin, as well as getting rid of excess grease.
How do you make it?
- Mix the natural aloe vera gel with lemon juice. You can also use a bit of lemon zest if the lemon is organic.
- Whisk these two ingredients together, adding more lemon juice or aloe vera until you’ve achieved the right consistency for a mask.
Clay is a wonderful remedy that has been used for centuries to get rid of the toxins in our organism while providing us with tons of minerals.
You can use it as part of both your health and beauty routines or even to get rid of pain and swelling.
In ancient times, people applied the mud directly, but nowadays, we recommend buying it at an herb shop or parapharmacy.
Clay is great at fighting acne because it helps reduce swelling and extract the harmful substances that cause acne.
How do you make it?
- Mix powdered green clay with lukewarm water. Add the water little by little until the mixture is spreadable, but not too watery.
- Use utensils made of glass, wood or ceramics, and avoid plastic or metal.
Read also: Natural Toners for Beautiful Glowing Skin
Yogurt and tea tree
This mask is perfect for moderate to oily skin with acne thanks to the two ingredients in it.
Yogurt hydrates the skin without making it oily, which means it doesn’t dry out moderate skin and is refreshing on the skin when it’s hot outside.
On the other hand, tea tree oil has been highly recommended over the past few decades as a way to fight off all kinds of infections.
The ratio for this mask is 15 drops of essential tea tree oil to one container of natural yogurt (without sugar, sweeteners or dyes).
These facial masks for acne should do the trick!
Brewer’s yeast and egg white
This interesting mask combines the virtues of two products that are great for all skin types, especially those that tend to be oily.
Brewer’s yeast helps us get rid of toxins that build upon the skin and is rich in minerals such as silicon, which is crucial to keeping your skin looking young and firm.
On the other hand, egg whites make your skin firmer, while simultaneously reducing excess grease.
How do you make it?
- Mix both ingredients until you achieve the desired texture.
In this case, we won’t use the egg yolk, but it is a great ingredient for masks for dry skin.
Did you enjoy these facial masks for acne?