Eyelashes are groups of body hair located at the ends of your eyelids, toward the front of your face.
Each eyelid has a different group, and those on the outer edges are longer than those more interior.
They also vary amongst different people; even though they appear to be the same, their size and resistance depend on genetics and the care that we give them.
For many, this care does not go past the most basic beauty application, therefore, not giving your eyelashes the attention they need.
However, your lashes fulfill a fundamental role in the well-being of your eyes. They protect from impurities, strange particles, and sweat.
Eyelashes, protection, and beauty
First of all, it’s very important to maintain healthy, long, and strong eyelashes. Besides that, keeping good care of your lashes also has aesthetic advantages.
In terms of beauty, it’s no secret that your lashes play a huge role. And, for many women, they are a great ‘weapon’ for seduction.
Thanks to makeup you can better the look and shine of your face.
However, regardless of how strong and long your lashes already are, you can still achieve greater results.
How can I strengthen and elongate my lashes?
There are numerous alternatives for bettering the appearance of your lashes; this is especially true when it comes to cosmetic products.
There are many different tricks, words of advice, and other practices that are said to strengthen and elongate our lashes in order to help protect our eyes.
These are nice, easy, and efficient; however, their effects are usually short-lived and, for that reason, it wouldn’t be wrong to take some makeup advice.
However, the objective is far more than just obtaining momentary and fleeting results: the idea is to achieve a greater appearance and better health for a long time.
Given that they have different characteristics than regular hair, your lashes can be exposed to home remedies that will aid in strengthening them.
Based on what we have covered above, we are going to present some home- made alternatives that will give your lashes life. Let’s begin.
This is one of the best ingredients that can be used to make remedies from the comfort of your home.
However, it can also be used by itself in order to take advantage of its incredible benefits.
Almond oil has nourishing and stimulating properties; because of this, it is ideal for promoting the growth of your lashes.
What should you do?
- Apply at least 5-6 drops at the base of your lashes right before you go to bed
- Clean the surface for the best effect and apply with a clean mascara brush
2. Vitamin E for your lashes
Vitamin E is one of the best vitamins for your skin health. Likewise, this component is also great for the growth and strengthening of your eyelashes.
- In this case, you will use Vitamin E, which will also help alleviate the effects of the sun and its rays.
- With the help of a mascara brush, apply 2 drops of this ingredient from the base to the end of your lashes. To achieve the best results, make zig zag motions with the brush
Vaseline is, perhaps, the most used product because of its multipurpose functions. Your skin, including that of your eyelids, does not escape these benefits.
Therefore, this home remedy or ingredient does not just work solely for your lip health, but also for the health of your eye lashes.
What should you do?
- First, adequately clean the surface of your eyelids to help the vaseline do its job
- Next, with the help of a cotton swab, spread the vaseline over your entire eyelid until they are completely covered.
4. Green tea and long lashes
Results are not magically achieved, but the properties of this tea can greatly encourage the stimulation and growth of your lashes.
Green tea can also help us to clean our hair, eliminate accumulated filth, and protect us from the famous effects of free radicals.
To contribute to the growth of your lashes, it is necessary to prepare it as an infused tea.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of green tea (10 g)
What should you do?
- Heat the water, and when it begins to boil, add the green tea. Let it sit until it cools.
- Once chilled, strain it and, using the cotton swabs, apply it to your eyelids and your lashes.