Are you looking for remedies and options to promote hair growth? In that case, you should know that there is a large number of herbs and spices that will help make your process much easier.
Although the following ingredients are usually only used in the kitchen, many of them are included in common beauty products.
In this article, we suggest that you try these remedies directly. They’re cheap and easy!
1. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are common in asian food. They activate the hormones related to hair follicle health and promote hair growth.
Although you can use these seeds as part of your diet, you could also use them in the following mask:
- 1 1/2 cups of fenugreek seeds (90 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Honey (optional)
- In a glass container, combine the seeds and water and let it sit all night.
- Then, the next morning, blend it and add a spoonful of honey to the mix, if you wish.
- Stir well and apply the paste to your hair.
- Let is sit for 30 minutes and rinse with cool water.
You can repeat this process once per week and you will quickly notice a change. You can buy fenugreek seeds in specialty Asian food stores and at health food stores.
Want to learn more? 5 Masks for Shiny, Silky Hair
Cilantro is one of the most well-known herbs that boost hair growth. Both its leaves and roots are great helps.
This time, we’ll give you various options so that you can choose whatever is more convenient for you.
This is perfect for those that want something very easy to use or that don’t have a lot of time.
You can wash your hair with this every day. A good alternative is to use it after rinsing out your shampoo when your hair is clean.
- 4 cups of hot water (1 liter)
- 5 branches of cilantro
- Add the washed cilantro to the hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Then, remove the cilantro and strain the water.
- Use the lukewarm water to rinse your hair.
If you have some time, you can enjoy this second recipe using cilantro for longer hair. This mask is particularly perfect to combat dry scalp and dandruff.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- Blend all of the ingredients together until you have a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it to clean hair with a brush.
- Gently massage it in circular motions and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash it out with warm water or with the cilantro water mentioned earlier.
Cilantro and Grapeseed Styling Oil
If you prefer an option for longer hair that you can use every day, try this styling oil.
You can use it instead of your normal styling cream.
- 3 branches of cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of grape oil (45 g)
- Heat the grape oil on low.
- Once it’s hot, without boiling, remove it from the heat.
- Add the cilantro leaves and let it sit for a day.
- Strain it and keep the oil in a small glass or plastic bottle.
- Use it whenever you’d like in place of your usual styling cream.
Without a doubt, our list of spices that help with hair growth would not be complete without cinnamon.
In other articles, we have talked about the benefits of cinnamon for your hair. You already know that it keeps your scalp clean and healthy with minimal effort.
Apply this mask and forget about balding or excessive hair loss.
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon of rose water (10 ml)
- Combine the ingredients and apply it to your hair.
- Gently massage it in a circular motion all over your scalp.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse it with cool water.
If you feel that your hair isn’t clean after rinsing, you can wash it with shampoo. Just be sure that it’s made with natural ingredients so that your hair remains detoxed.
Visit this article: 5 Protein-Rich Hair Masks
4. Black Cumin
Do you know and use black cumin? Most likely, your response is “no,” because it’s not a very commonly used spice. However, Arabic food uses it frequently.
In any case, we recommend that you find it because in addition to boosting hair growth, it eliminates dandruff and fights gray hair.
You’re able to apply this mask once per week.
- 5 tablespoons of black cumin (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- Grind up the cumin with a mortar and pestle.
- Then, warm up the oil.
- Combine the ingredients and apply all over your hair.
- Let it sit until it’s completely dry, then rinse it out with clean water.