Four Essential Oatmeal Recipes
In this article, we will present several oatmeal recipes that you cannot leave out of your diet. All of them are very easy to prepare and easy on your wallet.
We know that oatmeal is a cereal rich in fiber with a high nutritional value and that it contains essential amino acids that help the body to get rid of that which does not provide benefits. Although it may seem like a very simple food, in reality, it’s very versatile in the kitchen and easy to incorporate.
Since antiquity, this cereal has been used as food, especially in times of scarcity. Therefore it is estimated that it is approximately 10,000 years old.
From a nutritional point of view, oats are a very complete food. They have proteins and minerals (magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium).
Also, the presence of vitamins of group B (such as B1 and B2) and vitamin E stand out. Plus, they even contain carbohydrates, which provide six of the eight essential amino acids.
Essential oatmeal recipes
1. No-bake oatmeal and chocolate cookies
To prepare this recipe, you must have all the ingredients previously prepared and measured. This is because time is an important factor. It is also necessary to cover a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
This recipe makes a batch of 12 cookies.
- 1 cup of sugar (250 g)
- 1/2 stick of butter (150 g)
- 1/4 cup of milk (150 mL)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened chocolate powder (35 g)
- 1 1/2 cups of natural oats (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (5 mL)
- A pinch of salt
- Place the sugar, butter, milk and chocolate in a container. Mix everything and bring it to medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- When it begins to boil and the butter has melted, add the vanilla and the pinch of salt. Without stopping moving, leave it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the oats. Mix until they are well covered and let it cool 5 minutes.
- Then, with an ice cream scoop, place portions of the mixture on the parchment paper, and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Let cool for approximately 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Oatmeal and banana pancakes
This is another of the oatmeal recipes essential for the home. It is a great alternative for a healthy breakfast since it’s tasty and rich in protein. It’s ideal for those who take care of their figure without neglecting good taste and flavor.
For 2 people.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (5 mL)
- 3 egg whites (approximately 90 mL)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (5 mL)
- 2 large bananas (400 g approximately)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (5 g)
- 2 cups of oats (500 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 mL)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender. Beat until blended well. It should make a slightly thick dough.
- Then, heat a non-stick pan and put in a little of the mixture. Let cook for 2 or 3 minutes and flip.
- Repeat the process with the entire mixture. It can be served with a little honey or powdered cinnamon.
3. Oatmeal cooked with milk
You can make this recipe to enjoy a full and nutritious breakfast that gives you energy.
This alternative oatmeal recipe serves 2 people.
- 1 cup of milk (250 mL)
- ½ cup of oats (125 g)
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel (10 g)
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3 to 5 centimeters long
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pour the cup of milk into a container.
- Add the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick.
- When it begins to boil, add the cup of oatmeal (keep in mind that when cooking the oats, they increase in size).
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat, let it stand a little, serve it in a cup or bowl.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top (to taste).
We recommend you read: Try This Lactose and Gluten-Free Bread Made of Oats, Walnuts, and Bananas
4. Oatmeal, chocolate, coconut and dulce de leche bonbons
This option ftom the oatmeal recipes makes 15 bonbons.
- 2 cups of oatmeal (500 g)
- 5 tablespoons of dulce de leche (75 g)
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa with sugar (90 g)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk (45 or 60 mL)
- ½ cup of butter (125 g)
- 1 cup of grated coconut (250 g or to taste)
- Distribute the oatmeal in a large bowl. Then, put in the milk, cocoa, then the tablespoons of dulce de leche and finally the butter.
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- When it is completely integrated, form it into balls with your hands and sprinkle them with coconut. Then, put them in the refrigerator for 20 or 30 minutes, and that’s it.
You cannot miss out on these oatmeal recipes because oatmeal is really the queen of cereals, owing to its high nutritional value in that it contains proteins, vitamins and other nutrients highly beneficial to the body.