Four Detox Drinks that Promote Weight Loss
Detox drinks could be a healthy substitute for industrial drinks (teas, flavored waters, cola drinks, etc).
Detox drinks are an option that helps satisfy the appetite, refresh the body, and avoid unhealthy snacking between meals. Additionally, followers of the detox current claim these beverages have other health benefits, such as:
- Eliminating toxins
- Reduce belly fat
- Burning fat and helping to regulate weight loss
- Promoting the detoxification of the body
- Balancing the nutritional values of a diet
While there are many different ways to achieve the same results, detox drinks are completely natural and can be prepared and drank quickly, which makes them even more effective.
Are you looking for detox drinks to lose weight? Continue reading then, we’re about to explain how to do it. Don’t miss out!
1. Pineapple and cucumber detox drink
Both pineapple and cucumber are low-calorie and are, conversely, rich in water. Thus, their diuretic properties help eliminate retained fluids and decrease the volume of the body (which gives a feeling of weight loss).
The following recipe is ideal for you if you tend to accumulate liquids and want to refresh yourself in the middle of the morning.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 medium-sized pineapple
- 1/2 aloe stem
- 2 cups of water
- Optional: 1 apple
- Wash all of the ingredients with cold water to eliminate any residue they may have
- Remove the skin and cut the pineapple into small pieces
- Slice the cucumber with the skin on but discard the seeds
- Peel the aloe leaf; then, run it through the water to remove the yellow layer that covers the gel
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and process them until you have a homogenous mixture
- Refrigerate it until it cools down
- Serve and consume once a day, after going to the gym, for example
2. Papaya detox drink
Papaya is great against bloating and helps eliminate the harmful parasites that inhabit the intestines. Some people believe it helps detoxify the body.
You may want to mix it with peaches, carrots, and other ingredients in order to “enhance” its properties.
- 1 banana
- 2 peaches
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 kilo of papaya
- 2 c. of water
- Optional: 1 tsp chia seeds
- Wash all of the ingredients with cold water to eliminate any dirty residue
- Use the entire papaya, including the seeds and skin
- Take the pit out of the peach
- Continue by cutting all of the ingredients into small pieces and add them, and the water, to the blender
- Process until there are no lumps
3. Orange and kiwi detox drink
People say that oranges are one of the best types of fruit as their content of vitamin C is quite high. You may find it convenient to eat it in various ways as part of a balanced diet.
Similarly, people also say that kiwis can help prevent and relieve constipation due to their high content of fiber.
This recipe combines the goodness of both types of fruit to obtain a detox drink that’ll surely maximize your well-being.
- 3 kiwis
- The juice of 5 oranges
- Extract the juice from the oranges with the help of a juicer and then add it to the blender
- Peel and chop the kiwi and then add it to the orange juice
- Blend until you have a homogenous mixture
- Allow it to cool down and then serve
4. Apple and papaya detox drink
- 1 apple
- 3 c. of pineapple
- 3 c. of papaya
- Wash, peel and cut up all of the ingredients into small pieces
- Add everything to the blender and process it to a homogenous mix
- Serve and consume in moderation in the mid-morning or mid-afternoon; add ice cubes if you’d like
Is it possible to take care of health only with detox drinks?
Detox drinks are a much more recommendable option than any industrial drink but they’re not a guarantee of health on their own. They’re mere complements to a healthy lifestyle.
Finally, keep in mind that under no circumstances should you use these beverages as a substitute for a main meal; they’re only an extra. This is because this kind of diet often leads to organic imbalances.