Four Delicious Recipes to Make Chickpea Salad
Incorporating chickpea salad into your daily diet is a great way to enjoy their flavor. In addition, you'll get lots of nutrients from the main ingredient.
Generally, chickpeas are associated with winter dishes. They’re mainly use in soups and stews, along with other meals. However, a chickpea salad is always an excellent and refreshing option for any time of the year.
Chickpea salad is not only a delicious option, but also very healthy. Following a healthy and balanced diet will be much easier thanks to the versatility and high nutritional value of these legumes.
Chickpeas, lentils and beans can be great main ingredients in lots of delicious salads. These can be great additions in any season.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some great chickpea salad recipes.
1. Chickpea salad with crab sticks
- 1/2 cup canned cooked chickpeas (90 g)
- 3/4 cup cooked white kidney beans (120 g)
- 1/2 cup canned cooked lentils (90 g)
- 2 eggs
- 10 crab sticks
- 1 tomato (40 g)
- 2 tablespoons onion (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons green pepper (45 g)
- 3 tablespoons red pepper (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (5 g)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup (10 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- First, place all the vegetables in a strainer and wash well under cold water. Wash until there is no liquid remaining. Then, drain well and dry with blotting paper.
- Next, cut the tomato in half, and get rid of the seeds and juice.
- In a pot with boiling water, add a splash of vinegar and cook the eggs for 10-12 minutes. Then, let them cool, peel them, and set them aside.
- After, chop the green pepper, red pepper, onion and crab sticks as small as possible.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them, the peppers, onions and crab sticks to the chickpeas. Then, add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the ketchup, mustard, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Beat until all of the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Finally, serve the vegetable salad with a splash of vinaigrette on top. Also, chop the hard boiled eggs and add them, as well as parsley, to garnish.
2. Bean jacket salad
- 2 cups cooked beans (400 g)
- 1 finally chopped lettuce
- 1 large onion
- Wash the lettuce very well and chop it. Set it to the side.
- Then, cook the beans in plenty of water and a pinch of salt. If you want, you can remove the outside of the beans. Set that to the side as well.
- Next, cut the onions in half rings. Put them in boiling water for a few minutes, and strain them under cold water. The goal is for the onions to lose a bit of acidity.
- Finally, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Season to taste, and add a splash of olive oil and vinegar. Serve and enjoy!
Discover: 5 Legumes To Help You Lose Fat
3. Chickpea salad with tomato and tuna
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (200 g)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 1/2 cup canned cooked chickpeas (270 g)
- 6 radishes
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 can black olives
- 2 tins canned tuna (250 g)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (30 g)
- Fresh thyme (to taste)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
Check out: 7 Slimming Properties of Apple Cider Vinegar
- First, wash and drain the chickpeas. Set them aside.
- Then, drain the oil from the tuna cans.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Then, cut the red onion into slices. Also, finely chop the celery and radishes.
- Next, mix all the ingredients very well in a bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the vinegar, honey, mustard and oil. Add the vinaigrette to the salad.
- Finally, sprinkle it with fresh thyme!
4. Zucchini and chickpea salad
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (180 g)
- 1 zucchini
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 chive
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (50 g)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl, mix the previously cooked chickpeas and the feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces.
- Then, add the chopped tomato and the finely chopped onion.
- Next, season with ground cumin, lemon juice and two tablespoon of olive oil. Mix it all well.
- Wash the zucchini and chop it into thin slices. Then, cook it on both sides until it softens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, place the zucchini slices on a platter and add the rest of the ingredients on top. Serve and enjoy!