Delicious Pumpkin Recipes: 4 Easy Options!
These recipes are simple and healthy. You'll love these ways to include pumpkin in your diet.
Pumpkins have a smooth and tasty flavor certainly making them more than perfect for desserts and side dishes. They’re also an incomparable source of health and nutrition. For these reasons, today, we want to give you a list of a few simple yet delicious pumpkin recipes to enrich your daily diet with.
Those attractive orange vegetables boast many uses and health benefits indeed. As they’re primarily made up of water, they contain very few calories and are also fantastic sources of fiber. Therefore, they’re perfect for any diet or for treating constipation problems.
They’re one of the most highly appraised foods in popular cooking due to their benefits as an antioxidant and diuretic food. Equally important is that they’re great for treating infections and building white and red blood cells.
Not only will you enjoy these 4 delicious pumpkin recipes, but also your body will notice their benefits!
Four Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
1. Toasted Pumpkin Seed Appetizer
This is the first of our four delicious pumpkin recipes today. However, this one doesn’t use pumpkins per se. Instead, it uses their seeds.
Pumpkin Seed Properties
Pumpkins seeds reduce pains associated with rheumatism and arthritis, due to their salicylic acid content, the active ingredient in aspirin that acts to calm and reduce inflammation. Besides, they contain both omega-3 and omega-6, which help reduce cholesterol.
Pumpkin seeds are more beneficial if eaten in the morning before breakfast.
So, let’s get down to the first of our recipes in order for you to try this delicious pumpkin seed appetizer and realize how delicious it tastes!
Read also: 9 Harmful Foods that Food Experts Avoid
- First, wash seeds in a bowl.
- Then strain in a colander.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Once you have preheated the oven, spread seeds on a baking sheet and stir every 10 minutes with a wooden spoon so that seeds don’t stick. Avoid spreading all the seeds to one side.
Seeds are ready once they puff up and turn golden.
Are you ready for more delicious pumpkin recipes? Then, read on!
2. Baked Pumpkin Slices
These are perfect as garnishes to meat or fish.
- First, wash pumpkin under the faucet with a brush
- Then cut into slices roughly one finger’s width in size, trying to cut all slices equally.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Following that, place pumpkin slices on top, drizzling with olive oil.
- Feel free to sprinkle oregano or basil, even sea salt, on pumpkin slices.
- Remove from oven once slices are soft.
3. Pumpkin Cream
- 1 kilo of pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Powdered ginger and cumin
- 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 400 grams of white beans, cooked (best if jarred)
- Fresh parsley
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- First, peel pumpkin and remove seeds for later.
- Then cut into 5 cm cubes.
- In a pot, add olive oil to lightly fry pumpkin, onion, and garlic.
- Cook slowly, over high flame. Do not forget to salt and pepper.
- The pumpkin will begin to caramelize. At this point, add ginger and cumin.
- Over the next 10 minutes, add chicken broth, and bring to a boil for 6 or 7 more minutes.
- Allow to cool afterward.
- Add to blender and blend until making a thin cream.
- Finally, to serve, add one or two spoonfuls of Greek yogurt on top.
The result is spectacular!
4. Pumpkin Custard
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 cup of previously boiled pumpkin blended into a smooth, creamy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch
You must read: Eggs and Their Nutritional Value
- Place egg yolks, sugar, pumpkin, milk and cinnamon in a pot.
- Then place over low heat and stir frequently so that the paste becomes uniform throughout. Try to mix all ingredients uniformly.
- Once the mixture is boiling, place flour in a glass of cold milk, quickly stirring so as to mix well.
- Following this, add to pot with milk and pumpkin, and bring to a boil once again. The mixture will begin to thicken up, and all lumps will dissolve.
Serve in bowls or cups, and enjoy this truly delicious dessert!