3 Whole Grain Bread Recipes
Take a look at these whole grain bread recipes: they’re very versatile, easy to make, and quick! You’re sure to find all kinds of ways to enjoy whole grain bread in your diet.
Having whole grain bread recipes ready to go can be very handy. Bread is such a basic food and gives your body the carbohydrates it needs in order for you to feel happy.
However, to make them, you’ll need to know exactly how much of each ingredient is necessary to bake nutritious, appetizing bread. As you know, nutritionists very highly recommend whole grain bread due to its fiber.
It’s good for more than just losing weight. In fact, it’s one of the best foods for anybody who’s on a healthy, balanced diet. To start, whole grain bread is made with unrefined flour. Therefore, more of the grain — and more nutrients — are retained in the final result. Many recipes add seeds as well, like chia, sesame, pumpkin, etc.
Benefits of whole grain bread
- They’re filling.
- They prevent constipation.
- Your cardiovascular system loves them.
- They lower your bad cholesterol (LDL).
- They help prevent type 2 diabetes due to their low glycemic index.
Homemade whole grain bread recipes
1. Mini loaves of whole grain bread
These little loaves are perfect for breakfast or a snack. They’re also easy to personalize.
- 15 g of butter (1 tablespoon)
- 10 g of salt (1 teaspoon)
- 225 ml of warm water (1 cup)
- 225 g of whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- 115 g of bread flour (1/2 cup)
- 2.5 g of sugar (half a tablespoon)
- 20 g of yeast (1 packet)
- Mix the flours with the salt.
- Mix the yeast with the warm water.
- Combine the yeast water with the flours, then add the butter and knead until elastic.
- Then make a ball out of the dough and let rest until it doubles in size.
- Knead again and then form mini loaves.
- Let it sit a few minutes longer, then make small slices on the stop of each loaf.
Do you know the answer to the following question?
2. Mini whole grain bread loaves with vegetables
This recipe is a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables. Parents, let your imagination fly!
- 100 g of margarine (1 cup)
- 1/2 kg of whole wheat flour
- 125 ml of water (1/2 cup)
- 20 g of salt (1 tablespoon)
- 25 g of yeast
- 20 g of sugar (1 tablespoon)
- 300 ml of lukewarm skim milk (1 1/2 cups)
- 200 g of vegetable puree (1 cup): carrot, yam, spinach, etc.
- Combine the margarine, milk, salt, and sugar until smooth.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and then add to the mixture.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Next, add the vegetable puree.
- Knead for 10 minutes and then let it sit.
- Once it’s doubled in size, flour your workspace and form the mini loaves.
- On a floured pan, place the loaves. Leave enough space between them for even baking.
- Let it sit a few minutes longer and then bake.
Want to learn more?
3. Savory whole grain bread with spices
It’s so easy to add whatever flavors you like to these whole grain bread recipes. To make this one, you’ll prepare two different doughs and then combine them.
Ingredients: dough #1
- 75 ml of water (1/3 cup)
- 5 g of salt
- 100 g of bread flour
- 25 g of yeast
Ingredients: dough #2
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 5 g of salt
- 200 g of whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- 200 g of bread flour (1 cup)
- 150 ml of lukewarm water
- 5 g of sugar
- 20 g of olive oil
- 2.5 g of oregano
- 2.5 g of ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients for dough #1.
- Let it sit until it doubles in size.
- In another container, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and then add the water, little by little.
- Combine the two doughs and knead for 15 minutes.
- Let it sit on a warm tray until it doubles in size again.
Now you know how versatile whole grain bread can be — and all varieties are very healthy. Keep track of the timing it takes to bake them, then you’ll soon be enjoying flavorful, moist whole grain bread.It might interest you...