3 Ways to Prepare Low-Calorie Meals with Fish
Fish is one of the foods that has gained a lot of popularity among those who want to maintain a healthy diet. In most of its forms, it’s characterized by being rich in proteins, omega 3 fatty acids, and mineral salts. Do you want to learn how to prepare low-calorie meals with fish?
To maintain the concept of a balanced and healthy diet, it’s essential to know how to choose supplements when making recipes with fish. Although fish has high nutritional value, the way it’s prepared has a great impact on the benefits it can give our body.
Why you should prepare fish regularly
As we’ve mentioned before, fish is a nutritious and versatile food that can provide our body with interesting health benefits. Thanks to its content of omega-3 fatty acids, it’s good for promoting cardiovascular and cognitive health.
It’s even one of the foods recommended to regulate cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular diseases. Also, it helps to combat inflammation and helps to maintain optimal physical and mental performance.
The best part about eating fish is that it can be prepared in so many ways!
It can be steamed, smoked, in sauces, fried, grilled, among other methods. However, to not exceed our calorie intake, it’s best to choose the lighter, healthier options that include other healthy ingredients instead of the ones with more fat.
Also read: The Benefits of Bluefish
ThreeWays to Prepare Low-Calorie Meals with Fish
Now we want to show you three ways to prepare fish with healthy ingredients to make meals that don’t exceed the recommended amount of calories per day. They’re light dishes that can be enjoyed both at lunchtime and dinner.
So, are you ready to write them down?
1. Sautéed salmon with vegetables
Salmon is one of the best options when preparing recipes with fish. It’s a meal that stands out for its high content of omega 3 and high biological value proteins. Also, it’s very low in calories and you don’t need to add too much fat when cooking it.
- 2 pieces of salmon
- Green beans (3.5oz/100 g)
- Mushrooms (3.5oz/100 g)
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- A clove of garlic
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 lime
- Olive oil (as needed)
- To start, chop the green beans and peppers.
- Then clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- Separately, in a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and add a clove of rolled garlic and the chopped vegetables.
- Cook over low heat for 6 or 7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Add salt to taste and set aside.
- Afterward, cook the salmon loins on the grill or in the microwave.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the soy sauce with a couple of spoonfuls of oil, grated lime, and some juice.
- Finally, serve the salmon with the sautéed vegetables and pour the dressing over the preparation.
2. Tuna fish with onions
Tuna is one of the healthiest varieties of oily fish. Doctors recommended consuming it as a complement to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides in the blood. Also, it stands out for its protein content (up to 23%).
- 4 tuna medallions (7oz/200 g each)
- 2 large onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pitted green olives (7oz/200 g)
- Dry white wine (9oz/250 ml)
- Olive oil (as needed)
- Salt and black pepper
- First, peel and cut the onions. Also, peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Separately, heat some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Then, sauté the onion and garlic over low heat for 10 or 15 minutes,
- Meanwhile, scald the olives in boiling water. When the water comes to a boil, remove from the heat and rinse them with cold water.
- Then, rinse the tuna loins in cold water so that they bleed well. Dry them with paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt and bell pepper over the tuna medallions and brown them in a pan with hot oil.
- Add the white wine to the onion pan and, when it boils, add the tuna medallions.
- Let it cook 3 or 5 minutes more and, to finish, serve with the olives.
3. Fish with lemon and parsley
To prepare this lemon fish with parsley we propose to use sea bass fillets. However, you can replace them with any other variety of fish.
Ready to try it? Follow the instructions and enjoy it at your next meal.
- 4 fillets of sea bass without skin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup lemon juice (4.5oz/125 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter (0.5oz/15 g)
- Capers (1.7oz/50 g)
- ½ bunch of finely chopped parsley
- First, season the sea bass fillets with salt and pepper.
- Then, in a frying pan, cook the fillets in a little vegetable oil and butter.
- When they are lightly browned, turn them over.
- Then, add the lemon juice and the capers.
- Cook for 5 or 8 minutes over medium-low heat.
- To finish, remove from heat and sprinkle with a little chopped parsley before serving.
So, are you ready to prepare your next low-calorie meals with fish now? As you can see, these recipes are easy to prepare and they’re healthy as they combine light wholesome ingredients.
Follow the instructions and enjoy them at home!It might interest you...