3 Homemade Banana Bread Recipes
You can enjoy banana bread for breakfast or as a snack. Today, we'll share three different banana bread recipes that you're sure to love.
The banana is a delicious and nutritious fruit. According to a publication in Food Chemistry magazine, bananas are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They also provide phenolic compounds, phytosterols, and other antioxidants. Getting hungry for bananas?
Banana bread is one of the most popular banana-based recipes. You can enjoy this moist and tasty quick bread for breakfast or for a snack. Some people even eat it for dessert or make it for special occasions. Today, we’ll share three ways to make delicious, homemade banana bread.
3 ways to make banana cake
You can enjoy these banana breads without worrying about ruining your diet because they are made with 100% natural ingredients. That being said, it’s important to pay attention to portion size and enjoy in moderation. Eat too much, and you’ll go over the recommended daily amount of calories. If you have questions, ask a nutritionist.
1. Cheese and banana bread
First of all, we want to share with you, a recipe to prepare a banana cake with cheese. For the preparation of this delicious food, we will simply need an egg and the following ingredients that we are going to tell you about.
- 1 medium egg (60 g).
- 4 ripe bananas (500 g).
- 1/2 cup of butter (150 g).
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (2.5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (5 g).
- 1/2 cup of grated white cheese (150 g).
- To make this banana cake with cheese, start by peeling the bananas and put them to cook in a pan with water until they are very soft.
- After this, remove them from the pan and crush them with a fork until you get a smooth paste without pieces of fruit.
- Add the grated cheese and mix it until the mixture is correctly integrated.
- Next, we add the egg in a bowl and beat it.
- When it is ready, add it to the banana and cheese mixture, and add the sugar, the butter – previously melted in the microwave – and the salt, which will enhance the flavor.
- Mix well and pour it on a tray with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for a few minutes, and then introduce the tray with the mixture. Just 20 minutes of baking will be enough for the cake to cook and be ready to be removed and served.
2. Banana bread without an oven
Not everyone has an oven in the kitchen, or they prefer not to use it too much to reduce energy expenditure. Therefore, we will show you another way to make a banana bread, this time without using an oven. To prepare it, you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup of flour (50 g).
- 2 medium eggs (60 g).
- 3 ripe bananas (167 g).
- 1 teaspoon of sweet wine (5 g).
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (2.5 g).
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (100 g).
- 2 teaspoons of butter (5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (2.5 g).
- The preparation of this banana bread without an oven is very simple. First of all, peel the bananas and crush them. It is important that the bananas are very ripe so that you have a smooth batter without pieces of fruit.
- Add the cheese and mix until you get a smooth paste. After this, add eggs to the mixture and continue beating.
- Next, mix one of the teaspoons of butter with the sugar and heat it in the microwave. Once the butter melts, mix well to dissolve the sugar in it.
- After this, add the sugar and butter to the banana and cheese mixture, along with the cinnamon, the yeast, and the wine.
- Now, add the remaining butter and flour in a separate pan. Heat it briefly and then add to the pan the previous mixture.
- After about 5 minutes over medium heat, turn the banana cake so it cooks well on both sides. You can give it a very special touch by replacing the regular butter with peanut butter or another nut butter.
Read also: Delicious Banana Cake Recipe
3. Vegan banana bread
The last banana bread recipe doesn’t have any animal products, but it still tastes great and is good for you. You’ll need:
- 2 ripe bananas (100 g).
- 1 cup of granola (100 g).
- A cup of stevia (100 g).
- 1 cup of water (100 mL).
- 3 and a half cups of flour (350 g).
- A few drops of vanilla extract.
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (0.6 g).
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Meanwhile, prepare a mixture of granola and stevia, to which you’ll add the sliced bananas, the baking powder, and the water.
- Blend the mixture to get a smooth paste and, once achieved, add a few drops of vanilla extract.
- Prepare an oven mold covering all its surface with oil and pour in the mixture. Bake for about 15 minutes and check its progress poking a knife into the cake every few minutes. When it comes out clean, we can be sure that the cake is ready.
- The last step is to remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- To present the dish and give it a more special touch, can sprinkle some glazed sugar on top, or add some jam on its surface while it is still hot.