Banana is a delicious fruit with excellent nutritional properties. To give more play to this ingredient, we show you different ways to make banana cake at home. This dish can serve as a dessert at any meal or as a rich breakfast.
3 ways to make banana cake
1. Cheese and banana cake
First of all, we want to share with you, a recipe to prepare a banana cake with cheese. For the preparation of this delicious food, we will simply need an egg and the following ingredients that we are going to tell you about.
- 1 medium egg (60 g).
- 4 ripe bananas (500 g).
- 1/2 cup of butter (150 g).
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (2.5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (5 g).
- 1/2 cup of grated white cheese (150 g).
- To make this banana cake with cheese, we start by peeling the bananas and put them to cook in a pan with water until they are very soft.
- After this, remove them from the pan and crush them with a fork until you get a smooth paste without pieces of fruit.
- Once obtained, we add the grated cheese and mix it until the mixture is correctly integrated.
- Next, we add the egg in a bowl and beat it.
- When it is ready, add it to the banana and cheese mixture, and add the sugar, the butter – previously melted in the microwave – and the salt, which will increase the flavor.
- Mix well and pour it on a tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for a few minutes, and then introduce the tray with the mixture. Just 20 minutes of baking will be enough for the cake to cook and be ready to be removed and served.
2. Banana cake without an oven
Not everyone has an oven in the kitchen, or they prefer not to use it too much to reduce energy expenditure. Therefore, we will show you another way to make banana cake, this time without using an oven. To prepare it, we will need:
- 1/4 cup of flour (50 g).
- 2 medium eggs (60 g).
- 3 ripe bananas (167 g).
- 1 teaspoon of sweet wine (5 g).
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (2.5 g).
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (100 g).
- 2 teaspoons of butter (5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (2.5 g).
- The preparation of this banana cake without an oven is very simple. First of all, we peel the bananas and crush them. It is important that the bananas are very ripe, so that we can get a smooth dough without pieces of fruit.
- Add the cheese and mix until you get a smooth paste. After this, we add eggs to the mixture and continue beating.
- Next, we mix one of the teaspoons of butter with the sugar and heat it in the microwave. Once the butter melts, mix well to dissolve the sugar in it.
- After this, add the sugar and butter to the banana and cheese mixture, along with the cinnamon, the yeast and the wine.
- Now, add the remaining butter and flour in a separate pan. We heat it briefly and, to finish, we add to the pan the previous mixture.
- After about 5 minutes over medium heat, we turn the banana cake so it cooks well on both sides. In this way, we will leave this delicious dish ready. We can give it a very special touch if we replace the common butter with another prepared from a nut.
Read also: Delicious Banana Cake Recipe
3. Vegan banana cake
The last of these ways of making banana cake will allow us to prepare a vegan variant that will not leave out the good flavor nor the nutritional contribution. For this, we will need:
- 2 ripe bananas (100 g).
- 1 cup of granola (100 g).
- A cup of stevia (100 g).
- 1 cup of water (100 mL).
- 3 and a half cups of flour (350 g).
- A few drops of vanilla extract.
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (0.6 g).
- The oven is preheated to 180 ° C.
- Meanwhile, we prepare a mixture with granola and stevia, to which we will add the sliced bananas, the baking powder and the water.
- Blend the mixture to get a smooth paste and, once achieved, add a few drops of vanilla extract.
- Prepare an oven mold covering all its surface with oil and pour in the mixture. We introduce it in the oven for about 15 minutes and control its cooking by poking a knife into the cake every few minutes. When it comes out clean, we can be sure that the cake is ready.
- The last step in order to make the last of these forms of making banana cake ready, will be to remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- To present the dish and give it a more special touch, we can sprinkle some glazed sugar on top, or add some jam on its surface while it is still hot.