3 Ways to Make a Mango and Avocado Salad
These two tropical fruits have gained importance in many diets. And, in the kitchen, mixing them to create varied dishes is a little strange but they give great results. For this reason, we suggest 3 ways you can prepare a refreshing mango and avocado salad that will surely be a great success!
A tasty and nutritious dish
Preparing a delicious and healthy salad isn’t difficult and it doesn’t require a lot of time. The key is to choose a few fresh ingredients and combine them with a tasty dressing.
As a result, the mango and avocado salad doesn’t have a large number of ingredients nor complicated elaborations. In fact, it’s a dish that you’ll surely make again and again on many occasions because it’s another healthy option.
On a nutritious level, avocado stands out for its content of healthy fats (just like olive oil), vitamin E, vitamin A – which plays a protective role for our eyes – and folates. Also, it contains minerals like potassium and magnesium.
Thanks to the presence of these nutrients, studies show that avocados are a food that can promote cardiovascular health, weight control, and healthy aging. It also provides extra energy for athletes and folates for pregnant women.
The composition of mango is more similar to other fruits with a high percentage of water and the correct amount of fiber and vitamins (its vitamin C levels stand out, for example). Also, it has a huge amount of interesting phytochemicals.
Adding this fruit to your daily diet can provide benefits and reduce your risk of suffering from inflammatory and metabolic illnesses. Also, they’re digestive, they protect cellular aging and they’re great to help your skin and eyes in an optimum state.
Read more and discover: Wonderful Avocado Remedies For Your Body Inside and Out
Option 1: Mango and avocado salad
Combining the two main ingredients with poppy seeds gives this dish a more original look.
Ingredients for 2 portions
- 1 avocado
- 3 oz. of Burgos cheese
- A pinch of poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, and toasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium mango
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. of lamb’s lettuce
- To start, wash and drain the lettuce well. If necessary, dry it with a little kitchen towel. Then, place it on the plate.
- Peel and cut the mango and avocado into medium-sized chunks. Place this on the lettuce leaves. Next, add the drained and cut cheese.
- Decorate the top with different seeds to your liking.
- To finish the recipe, prepare a dressing with olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Thanks to this, you’re able to avoid the fruits oxidizing and they stay looking good until you eat them.
Option 2: Make a mango and avocado salad with prawns
Here we have summery and tropical flavors in a fresh, delicious dish. Let’s take a look!
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 6 oz. of peeled large prawns
- 1 lemon
- 2 avocados
- 1 mango
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of red onion
How to prepare it
- Start with cutting the lemon in half and then into fine slices.
- Divide the avocado into two and remove the stone and the skin. Cut it into chunks and squeeze some lemon juice on them to prevent them from darkening.
- Peel and cut the mango.
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette for the dressing. Mix the oil with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can add mustard to your liking.
- Wash and drain the lettuce leaves well. Peel and cut the red onion into small fingers.
- Put the grill onto medium heat and cook the prawns for a minute on each side. They should have a pink color. Allow them to cool.
- To finish, it’s time to put it all on the plate. Mix the lettuce leaves with the onion and drizzle your dressing over it. Put this on the plate first and top it off with the mango, avocado, and prawns.
3rd and final way to prepare a mango and avocado salad
In this salad, all the flavors really stand out; as well as the spicy and the sour. A combination to convert this dish into the star of the show.
What you need to create 4 portions of this salad
- 1 mango and 1 large avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of orange juice (more or less the juice from half an orange)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1 red chili or 1 sweet pepper if you don’t like spice
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Before starting the dish, peel and cut the mango and avocado into medium slices. Wash and dry the arugula leaves carefully.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and put them in a container with water and lemon juice. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes and then remove the water and dry.
- Next, add all the ingredients for the seasoning in a glass jar with a lid or a small bowl. Mix them well until they form a uniform mixture. Add the chili in small chunks and the chopped chives.
- Put the arugula leaves in a salad bowl and add half the sauce. Add the fruits and the onion, mix it all, and drizzle on the rest of the seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Mango and avocado salad is the perfect light, and healthy starter
This tasty salad is an ideal dish to start any meal. You can present it as a starter ahead of a rice or pasta dish, although it’s also possible to serve it as a side dish to add a fresh touch.
But, as it’s a light dish, it’s also an excellent evening meal. If you also add cheese, nuts, or yogurt, it becomes a very complete meal and a great way of adding fats, vitamins, and beneficial nutrients to your diet.
For the basis of the salad, you can use a large variety of green leaves, as it goes well with lettuce, spinach, tender shoots, arugula, lamb’s lettuce, or watercress. However, you don’t need to add a lot because the two fruits provide enough flavor and texture to get a good mixture of flavors.
Both the avocado and the mango are delicate foods when it comes to storing them. For that reason, it’s a good idea to choose them when they’re about to reach their optimum ripeness and don’t wait too long to use them. Also, it’s important that they’re of good quality.
With all this advice and a few minutes in the kitchen, you can create a dish that almost has it all: it’s healthy, light, and digestible. But, also, it’s very tasty and ideal for a healthy diet!It might interest you...