Three Ways to Make Green Tea to Promote Weight Loss
Because of its ability to stimulate metabolism and fight inflammation, green tea is one of the best supplements to effectively lose abdominal fat.
There are several ways to make green tea in order to encourage weight loss. Although it’s not a miracle product for fighting obesity, regularly including it in your diet serves as a complement to “boost” your metabolism and reduce your waistline.
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) comes from the Chinese culture and stands out because it does not undergo oxidation while it is being processed. In order to make it, they collect fresh leaves that, after being subjected to drying, are pressed, rolled and crushed.
Green tea has always stood out nutritionally for its high content of antioxidants and essential minerals. In addition, it has an anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effect that helps to remove toxins from the body.
Best of all, it’s a versatile food that can be combined with other ingredients to enhance its effects. Below, we want to share three good recipes so you can make green tea a part of your weight loss plan.
Take a look!
Why Drink Green Tea?
Although the drink has interesting health benefits, its main attractive quality for many is its ability to help people lose weight.
Its effectiveness is mainly due to the following reasons:
- Green tea helps stimulate caloric expenditure, which helps you lose body weight.
- It boosts metabolism and increases the activity of digestive enzymes.
- Green tea has diuretic properties that fight fluid retention and inflammation.
- Its purifying compounds help clean the blood and promote the elimination of the toxins that affect your cells.
- It reduces the accumulation of abdominal fat thanks to the epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and L-theanine it contains.
The Best Ways to Make Green Tea for Weight Loss
Owing to its effects on health and body weight, green tea can be purchased in tea bags for hot tea, as a cold tea or in pills. However, it can also be consumed in its natural state mixed with other healthy ingredients.
Check these out!
1. Green tea with mint
Mint is one of the natural ingredients that enhances the effects of green tea to help you lose abdominal fat. Thanks to the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds it contains, this drink is a great addition to your weight loss diet.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (15 g)
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Heat the cup of water. When it reaches a boil, add the green tea and the mint.
- Reduce the heat to low, and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove it from the heat, and leave it to steep for 15 more minutes.
- When it’s at a suitable temperature for consumption, strain it and sweeten it with a spoonful of honey.
How to consume
- Drink the tea on an empty stomach for 2 or 3 weeks in a row.
- Take a break for a week and start drinking it again.
2. Avocado and green tea smoothie
The diuretic and detoxifying properties of this avocado and green tea smoothie are a great aid in reducing your waistline. In addition, thanks to its combination of invigorating ingredients, this smoothie is ideal for increasing your physical and mental performance.
On the other hand, it should be noted that it combines powerful antioxidants and fatty acids that improve the functions of your metabolism. It also encourages muscle mass formation and helps reduce food cravings.
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (5 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 almonds
- First, add a teaspoon of green tea to half a cup of water. Bring this to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Next, strain the beverage and transfer it to the blender.
- Next, add half of an avocado, a sliced banana and the almonds.
- Blend everything until your drink has a smooth consistency without lumps.
How to consume:
- Drink the shake on an empty stomach, and wait at least 30 minutes before eating breakfast.
- If you wish, also drink it in the afternoon as a snack replacement.
- Drink it at least 3 times a week.
3. Pineapple and guarana green tea
Pineapple and guarana have interesting effects in that they improve green tea’s ability to fight abdominal fat. This combination of ingredients helps to detoxify the blood and promote the elimination of fluid retained in the tissues.
On the other hand, its nutrients improve renal and liver functions, preventing their deterioration due to excess toxins. In addition to this, it fights constipation and decreases inflammation in the belly and extremities.
Did you know? Easy, Effective Natural Remedies with Pineapples
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (15 g)
- 1 slice of pineapple, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of guarana powder (2.5 g)
- Boil the cups of water. When it reaches a boil, add the green tea, the chopped slice of pineapple and the guarana powder.
- Let these boil at low heat for 5 minutes, and then turn off the burner.
- Finally, let it rest for 15 more minutes and strain it.
How to consume
- Drink a cup of this beverage on an empty stomach and repeat in the afternoon.
- Drink it at least 3 times a week or for 2 consecutive weeks.
Have you tried to make green tea a part of your weight loss plan yet?
Don’t hesitate to include them in your diet. As you can see, they are easy to prepare and have interesting benefits for your weight loss plan.