Three Simple Ways to make Vegetable Chips
The secret behind vegetable chips lies in choosing the right veggies and condiments. Since they’re so simple to prepare, what really matters is knowing which options to choose. You can make them salty or spicy, or anything in between.
These veggie chips have a lot of vegetable oil to achieve the crispy texture. However, you can also bake the vegetables into chips. This is healthier and recommended. They’re also to dip into your favorite sauces!
If you don’t spend a lot of time at home or choose your own vegetables, start with these recipes.
In this article, it’s time for you to discover the best three vegetable chips that you can quickly make at home. They’re delicious, natural, healthy, and different!
Three Tasty Ways to Prepare Vegetable Chips
1. Yucca chips
This is perhaps the most common tuber to use for vegetable chips. This is mainly because yucca itself tastes delicious.
It doesn’t require a lot of seasoning and it’s easy to make. In addition, you can combine it with almost any cream or homemade dipping sauce.
- 4 yuccas
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (50 ml)
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- To start, peel the yuccas, wash them, and put them to the side.
- Place a pot of water on high heat. Then, bring it to a boil and add the salt and pepper.
- Cut the yuccas into round slices and add them to the pot.
- Next, cook for 15 minutes until they soften.
- After the time has passed, remove from heat, drain and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the slices and add salt.
- Set the temperature to 325ºF and bake 5 minutes on each side or until they’re brown on the edges.
Check out: How to Make a Low-calorie Vegetarian Paella
2. Eggplant chips
Eggplant chips will be a fun challenge to take on at home.This vegetable becomes weak when exposed to heat, so it softens easily. To get better results, you need to dehydrate it first.
- 2 cups of sliced eggplants (160 g)
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder (15 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (7 g)
- Start by chopping the onion in julienne strips. Pass the pieces through olive oil with a touch of pepper and cumin powder. Set it aside.
- Then, on a baking sheet, distribute the eggplant and add salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Cut the parsley finely. Next, add it to the minced garlic with a pinch of pepper.
- After about 15 minutes, pour the onion and garlic mix on top of the eggplant.
- Then, put it in the oven at 325ºF for 25 minutes. At the halfway point, turn them with a fork so they brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
3. Broccoli vegetable chips
As we mentioned before, it’s common to fry chips in oil.The quantities are usually large, but this time you can make the portions a little smaller. They will remain golden and crispy, but they won’t have as much excess fat.
- 4 cups of broccoli (320 g)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (30 g)
- 1 pinch of adobo seasoning
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
Discover: Cream of Broccoli with Poached Eggs
- Start by breaking and beating the eggs until they’re well-mixed.
- Put the oil in a hot pan and wait
- Then, add the broccoli to the oatmeal.
- Next, repeat the process with the eggs.
- Sprinkle the adobo, pepper and salt.
- Finally, add each piece of broccoli to the pan. Make sure to fry them on both sides.
- Fry until the broccoli becomes crispy and golden brown.
- When it’s ready, turn off the heat and let it cool a little (not much).
- Then, you can start eating them!