3 Perfect Breakfasts for a Balanced Diet
By including these breakfasts in your balanced diet, not only will you not gain weight, but you'll also be getting all the necessary nutrients to face your day with energy.
If we talk about maintaining a healthy lifestyle, we can not skip a meal as important as breakfast, and even less so in a balanced diet. Do you want to learn more about perfect breakfasts for a balanced diet?
Considered one of the most important parts of our day to day, thanks to the amount of nutrients and vitamins that it can contribute to our body, breakfast is known for its versatility and adaptability.
Whether we have a special diet, or we lean towards certain foods for their taste, everyone has a favorite type of breakfast.
Importance of a breakfast in a balanced diet
According to specialist Elisabetta Politi, a graduate of Duke University, at the start of our day, by eating a good breakfast, we can put our metabolism into operation.
“By skipping breakfast, the body is left fasting for 15 or 20 hours, so that the enzymes necessary to metabolize fat and lose weight are not produced,” says the American nutritionist.
The important thing when choosing a breakfast in a balanced diet is that we can identify the foods that are source of nutrients and vitamins. In this way, it will be much easier to satisfy our palate and meet our nutritional needs.
Read also: Three Breakfast and Lunch Turmeric Recipes
Elements that a balanced breakfast should contain
For the first meal of the day to be considered healthy, it is necessary to include a series of balanced elements. Among the basic ones, we can highlight:
For our body to start the day with the amount of carbohydrates, nutrients and fiber needed, it is advisable to include at least a portion of cereals.
By this, we do not mean those processed and with high levels of sugar, but with those that are natural like oats, wheat or rye.
For many decades, nutritionists have emphasized the importance of animal milk.
Among the most recognized, we can mention cow’s milk, cheese and yogurt.
Visit this article: Which Dairy Products Contain the Least Lactose?
Including a portion of fresh fruit in our breakfast will load our bodies with a lot of energy and vitality early in the day.
Remember that by consuming fruit in portions, and not in smoothies or juices, we can enjoy its delicious flavor without loading it with sugars or processed elements.
As a complement to our breakfast, it is advisable to include a small portion of nuts. These will provide the necessary amount of good fats and help maintain cholesterol levels in our body.
Perfect breakfasts to maintain our health
While it is true that our breakfast will depend on our nutritional needs and economic scope, it is necessary to know that you can maintain a balanced diet with few ingredients, very simply.
Starting the day in this way will be one of the best ideas you will have in a long time.
By combining a cereal like oats with a serving of fruits, you will be giving your body energy and vitality.
Oats help regenerate cells and contain many nutrients.
- 1 cup of almond milk (250 ml)
- 2 cup oatmeal (210 g)
- ½ tablespoon flaxseed powder (7.5 g)
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- ¼ cup of red fruits (37.5 g)
- In a pot, over medium heat, cook the oats in flakes with the almond milk.
- When it is ready, integrate the flaxseed and cinnamon. Before serving it, proceed to include the fruit portion.
Due to the high levels of proteins and probiotics contained in this food, it is highly recommended when adopting a healthy diet.
The versatility of its flavor makes both children and adults enjoy its consumption.
- If you want to boost it, you can accompany it with a little bit of nuts or natural fruit.
- Thanks to the nutrients that these types of foods have, they are an injection of health for our bodies.
Avocado, tomato and cheese toast
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 large tomato (or 2 small)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of low fat cheese (200 g)
- 1 avocado
- With the oven at 200 ° C (400 ° F), heat the toast until golden on both sides and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and place them in a glass bowl with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, oregano and sea salt.
- When it is a smooth mixture, place in a container suitable for baking and brown for about 15 minutes.
- For the presentation of our toast, we will begin by smearing the cheese in abundance on each of them.
- When the tomatoes are ready, we will set them out until they are at room temperature and we will proceed to assemble our plate.
- First we will place the toast with cheese, then tomato and on top, pieces of avocado.
- Before eating, remember to season with pepper and salt.