3 Main Benefits of Eggplant Water
You may be surprised to learn that, centuries ago, eggplants were considered a toxic and dangerous plant. This was thanks to their dark coloring. But over time, in India, they discovered the many medicinal benefits of this vegetable.
It then slowly became an indispensable ingredient in numerous remedies.
Today, the benefits of eggplant are known around the world. For example, most people are now aware that eggplant helps treat cardiovascular disease, pain from rheumatoid arthritis, and can even help heal a sunburn.
These are just some of the benefits that eggplants can provide.
1. Eggplant Water Can Help Lower Cholesterol
Let’s see what some of the major conclusions from the study were:
- Chlorogenic acid, the most abundant antioxidant in eggplant, is the most effective at reducing levels of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Eggplant water stimulates circulation, helping to prevent plaque from adhering to artery walls, which causes them to harden.
- When preparing eggplant water, it’s important to always leave the skin on while you’re cooking it. The skin contains the highest concentration of flavonoids, which are antioxidants that help maintain your cardiovascular health.
2. Eggplant Water Can Aid in Relieving the Pain Caused by Rheumatoid ArthritisIf you suffer from pain and swelling in your joints on a regular basis, try drinking eggplant water.
The medicinal properties of this unique vegetable can help reduce the inflammation, redness, and pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
You might like:
As we mentioned above, one of the most important compounds in eggplant is chlorogenic acid. It’s excellent for reducing infections and inflammation.
Also, let’s not forget the countless vitamins and minerals in eggplant that help strengthen joints, cartilage, and muscle tissue. If you drink eggplant water on a regular basis, you will also get a healthy dose of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, and E, as well as minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus.
As if that weren’t enough, eggplant also contains other beneficial compounds like folic acid, fiber, and carbohydrates.
3. Eggplant Water Can Help You Lose Weight
The benefits of eggplant water for weight loss are well-known, and it’s highly effective. But, do you know why it works so well?
- You probably have noticed that eggplant has a slightly bitter taste. This is because eggplant contains certain medicinal compounds that help cleanse the body and above all, help stimulate better liver function. In addition to that, eggplant water improves gallbladder function to promote better digestion and burn more fat.
- Another interesting fact is that eggplant water can help gradually reduce the size of your waist and target that pesky abdominal fat. This is because it’s both a cleansing agent and a diuretic. Therefore, if you drink plenty of eggplant water and lead a healthy lifestyle with a good exercise routine, you’ll probably lose fat very easily.
You might like:
How to Make Eggplant Water
All you need is a medium-sized eggplant and one liter of boiled or filtered water. There’s nothing too complicated about this recipe, and as we’ve said all along, it’s very healthy. So why not start today? Here’s how to make it.
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 1 liter of boiled or filtered water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Wash the eggplant well, then cut it into slices.
- Heat the liter of water to a boil, then add the sliced eggplant, taking care not to burn it.
- Cook the eggplant for at least 20 to 25 minutes, until it is very soft. Once it has softened, let it sit for at least an hour in the water.
- Then, strain off the liquid and reserve it. You can store your eggplant water in a bottle or another dark container. (Dark glass will preserve it the best.)
- Now, add the lemon juice. Shake the mixture to blend it well.
- Drink your eggplant water throughout the day. Try having one glass first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, then another after lunch, a third during the afternoon, and the final cup after dinner. Do this for seven days in a row, once a month, and you’ll quickly start to notice the many benefits of drinking eggplant water.