Three Low-Fat Detox Diets
These cleansing diets will help your digestion and reduce bloating. You should only follow them for the recommended time period to avoid undesired effects.
There are more and more people interested in detox diets, especially after having too large portions or experiencing symptoms such as abdominal bloating, gas and heaviness.
While you shouldn’t follow these diets for long periods of time, using them temporarily helps the body eliminate toxins, reduce constipation and improve metabolism for easier weight-loss.
Want to give them a try? In today’s post, we want to share 3 types of detox diets that you can add to try out as a weight-loss aid or for a health boost.
What should know know before starting any kind of detox?
Detox diets are meal plans that have several objectives. First off, they arm to purge and clean the body’s excretory organs (liver, kidneys and colon) in order to help them work even better when facing toxins.
These diets are based off of light, easy to digest foods, which make them ideal for regulating digestion and reducing bloating. Among other benefits, they strengthen the body’s resistance against diseases and leave behind a noticeable feeling of overall well-being.
These diet plans aren’t meant for forever as they’re slightly restrictive. You should aim to implement them for a maximum of 7 days, only three or four times a year.
Also see: 5 Ideal Foods to Cleanse Your Colon
Foods that are off-limits during detox
Many everyday foods share characteristics that aren’t apt for detox diets. Though not all of these foods are “harmful”, some have properties that complicate the cleansing process.
The most common are:
- Cured or encased meats
- Red meat
- Processed or prepackaged food
- Canned products
- Commercial baked goods
- Packaged fried foods or snacks
- Saturated oils and butter
- Fast food
- Beverages and carbonated drinks
- Coffee and chocolate
3 Low-fat detox diets that you should try
In recent years, the interest in detoxes has increased so much that many diet plans now are designed with their characteristics. Alternative cleanses, even ones that adapt to certain needs, are a common find.
Below, we’re put 3 sample low-fat menus together that, besides detoxing the body, help it to burn calories to shrink in sizes more easily. After finishing the diet, following it for a maximum of six days, you should continue with a balanced diet.
Detox artichoke diet
When it comes to detox diets, the artichoke diet is one of the more effective ones. It improves digestion, helps the body eliminate liquids and shed kilos fast.
- Breakfast: One cup of artichoke tea with lemon, fruit salad and two sliced of whole-grain bread.
- Mid-morning: One cup of vegetal milk or freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Lunch: Brown rice with artichokes or artichoke salad with tomato and celery.
- Snack: Diced fruit and two artichoke capsules (you can find these in a pharmacy or natural-food store).
- Dinner: Grilled artichokes with a serving of chicken breast.
Note: You shouldn’t stay on this diet for more than three days. You can use this diet before starting a balanced diet for weight-loss.
We recommend that you read: Artichokes: the best remedy
Detox oat diet
From a nutritional standpoint, oats are one of the more complete grains. They’ve always been a part of detox diets because of the fiber and antioxidants that they boast are key for helping the body eliminate waste.
- Breakfast: Three tablespoons of oats with milk and four strawberries.
- Mid-morning: One serving of fruit or a cup of vegetable soup.
- Lunch: Three tablespoons of oats with water or milk, mixed salad and a serving of baked chicken breast.
- Snack: Fruit juice or tea.
- Dinner: Three tablespoons of oats with water or milk, asparagus salad with olive oil and pinch of salt.
Note: The maximum length of time you should follow this diet is for five days. You can switch up the foods in each meal for alternatives, but always including the oats as instructed.
Detox tomato diet
Thanks to their nutritional properties, tomatoes are one of the most popular ingredients in meal plans. In this case, it plays the star role for one of the most well-known detox diets in the world.
- On an empty stomach: One glass of fresh tomato juice.
- Breakfast: Two boiled tomatoes, seasoned with oregano, olive oil and salt.
- Mid-morning: One glass of fresh tomato juice.
- Lunch: Tomato salad with bean sprouts or peppers. You can add a serving of roasted chicken breast or salmon.
- Snack: One glass of fresh tomato juice.
- Dinner: Tomato salad with artichoke, bell pepper and serving of fish.
- Before going to bed: End the day with another glass of tomato juice.
Note: You should only stay on this diet for three days. If you experience cravings, you can add low-fat and low-calorie foods to your diet such as fruits or whole-grains.
Does your digestion feel a little sluggish? Are you experiencing bloating? If you have these symptoms, it might be a good time to try out one of these detox diets. Follow our recommendations and benefit from their properties.