Three Fennel Tea Recipes for Weight Loss
Fennel is a traditional remedy that has been used to treat a wide variety of conditions. Its main utility is to improve digestion and promote weight loss, however.
Don’t forget that losing weight requires making changes in your lifestyle, including starting an exercise routine. Fennel tea can be part of your comprehensive weight loss plan by helping you digest and assimilate nutrients more effectively.
Fennel seed comes from an aromatic plant with feathery leaves, and is native to the Mediterranean region. It’s known for the following benefits:
- Helps cleanse the bloodstream
- Takes care of your heart and kidneys
- Balances hormones
- Treats respiratory problems
This plant also eliminates bad breath and bacteria from the mouth.
Today we want to share three recipes for fennel tea with you, to improve your weight loss.
1-Fennel seed tea
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds (10 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Crush the fennel seeds using a mortar and pestle to release the flavor and oils, as well as the aroma.
- Place the crushed seeds in a tea ball or colander and pour a cup of boiling water over them.
- Allow the seeds to steep for seven to 10 minutes.
- Remove the seeds and add a little more hot water.
Visit this article: Discover the uses and properties of mint
2-Fennel tea with fresh leaves
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 cup of fresh fennel leaves (60 g)
- Cut the fresh green leaves from the stem of the plant and rinse them well.
- Place them in a cup or container.
- Pour the boiling water over the leaves.
- Let it steep for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the leaves and add a little more hot water.
3-Fennel bulb tea
- 2 fresh fennel bulbs (500 g)
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- Wash and clean the bulbs thoroughly.
- Chop them into smaller pieces and add them to a tea strainer.
- Pour boiling water over the bulbs and press for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the strainer and add a little more hot water.
Health benefits of these tea recipes
Improves women’s health
- Fennel oils have mild qualities that are similar to estrogen, so they are widely used in Chinese medicine to treat hormonal problems.
- This plant is also used to increase libido and stimulate the production and flow of milk in women who are breastfeeding.
- Thanks to its ability to stimulate the production of estrogen, fennel tea can relieve premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, and symptoms of menopause.
- Thanks to the presence of anethole in fennel oil, this tea has been used for years by midwives and herbalists to protect the female reproductive system.
Promotes digestive health
- This plant is often chosen for its antispasmodic properties because it can relax the digestive tract to relieve cramping and gas, as well as treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- Estrogen contained in fennel inhibits muscle spasms, which allows you to digest food more easily. It can even relieve the hiccups.
- Fennel tea reduces acid levels in the stomach and eliminate worms and bacteria from the intestines.
- Another common use for fennel is to treat heartburn: drinking a cup of fennel tea or chewing the seeds when you start to feel symptoms of indigestion can ease the pain and burning sensation.
Fennel tea helps reduce water retention, making it one of the best teas for weight loss.
It increases your metabolism, which allows your body to burn fat more quickly, reduce cellulite, and regulate your appetite.
Boosts the immune system
In order to feel healthy, you need a strong immune system that fights bacteria and viruses.
Fennel tea can help prevent the onset of cold symptoms.
This wonderful tea helps reduce fever, alleviate sore throat, and treat most diseases of the upper respiratory tract, including asthma, bronchitis, and coughing by eliminating congestion and excess phlegm.
Read also: 7 ways to strengthen the immune system
Strengthens the heart
Fennel tea is a wonderful source of vitamins and antioxidants that helps you maintain a healthy heart.
The antioxidants and vitamins we mentioned above help lower your levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and therefore reduce your risk of suffering from high blood pressure.
Cures respiratory problems
Fennel is often recommended for treating breathing problems, from simple colds to asthma.
- It can help with upper respiratory tract infections thanks to its antimicrobial properties.
- Fennel tea can also be used to treat problems like high blood pressure and angina.
- Some people may be allergic to fennel. If you have an allergy to carrots or celery, remember that fennel belongs to the same family of botanicals so it’s likely that fennel tea would trigger an allergic reaction.
Pay attention if you notice symptoms like itching, hives, or swelling. If this happens, stop drinking this tea at once and see your doctor.
- Fennel can harm a fetus. It’s best not to drink too much of this tea if you’re pregnant, as it can become toxic and travel through the placenta where it could damage the development of the baby’s endocrine system.