Find a Fantastic Gelatin Facial Mask
On our blog we talk a lot about the benefits of gelatin for your health. It’s low in fat and high in protein, a healthy and delicious option that’s easy to add to your diet.
But what is not so well known are the major uses that gelatin can have for the skin and beauty in general: you can even make some amazing masks that will help reduce the formation of wrinkles and loss of elasticity.
We’re sure that the information in today’s article will surprise you and then become useful in your day to day life. Are you ready to pay attention?
Benefits of gelatin for the skin and hair
One thing you should never forget is that, above all, gelatin is especially valued for its high collagen content. It is generally accepted that humans continue to produce sufficient collagen up until they’re more or less 25 years old.
From that time on, levels of collagen begin to drop and we have to make up the deficit from the food we eat. Collagen is one of the most important proteins in the body, essential for maintaining good overall health as well as strong bones, skin, nail, and hair.
See also the incredible powers of gelatin
- After reaching age 25, you lose 1.5% of your total collagen.
- This is a normal process, part of the human body as it ages. But certain factors like stress, tobacco use, exposure to too much sunlight, and a poor diet that can accelerate this almost irretrievable loss of collagen in the body.
- Something as simple as leading a healthy lifestyle can help you not to lose your collagen levels so quickly. If you start adding foods that are high in collagen it can help compensate for this deficit.
- Using gelatin every day as a nutritional supplement will strengthen your skin and hair, restoring elasticity, health, and beauty. It’s definitely worth remembering.
Gelatin facial masks to fight aging
Milk and gelatin
This gelatin facial mask is nutritious and a powerful way to balance your skin’s pH and restore the elasticity that you lose over time.
- 20 g of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup of milk
- The first thing you need to do is warm the half cup of milk. In a separate mixing bowl, add the 20 grams of unflavored gelatin and dissolve it with a few tablespoons of cold milk, stirring until there are no lumps remaining.
- Now add the warm milk, and apply the mixture to your face while still warm using a facial brush or cotton pad. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Avocado and gelatin facial mask
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 20 g of unflavored gelatin
- For this gelatin facial mask the first thing you do is mash the half of an avocado in a bowl using a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the cup of water and add the plain gelatin, stirring well. Mix all ingredients until they are as homogeneous as possible in a blender.
- Pour this cream into a bowl and apply it to your face using a brush. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse.
Lemon and gelatin facial mask to clear up blemishes and restore elasticity
This is a great mask for nighttime application. It’s easy to make and highly effective for reducing age spots, sun spots, or any residual marks from acne.
Follow these steps:
- 15 g of unflavored gelatin
- 50 ml of water
- 25 ml of lemon juice
- 15 g of honey
- Just like the previous recipe, the first thing you need to do is to heat the 50 ml of water. Add the gelatin and stir it well until no lumps remain.
- As you can see, this is a very small amount for a mask, but it will help you apply it more consistently and easily.
- Once you have a smooth mixture of water and gelatin, add the 25 ml of lemon juice and a generous tablespoon of honey. Stir well.
- Apply this mask to your clean face three times a week and at night, just before going to bed. Use a brush or cotton pad and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Find out: Home remedy for acne
The ingredients in this mask will continue to act overnight and fight those stubborn spots while giving your face the dose of collagen that it needs.
Are you ready to try these wonderful gelatin-based masks?