Three Delicious Salads with Quinoa
In this article, we'll share the recipes for several delicious salads with quinoa. Try them!
Delicious, crunchy, green, healthy: such are salads. And if you add the delicious and nutritious touch of quinoa to them, even better. A salad is always a very low calorie option that you can enjoy at any time. Due to its high nutritional content, a quinoa salad is a highly recommended option when eating in a healthy and light way.
So that you can vary your meals, we present you with 3 salads using quinoa so you can enjoy them alone or accompanied by your favorite dish. Because they are salads, they are all very easy to prepare and will not take long, which is ideal if you need to eat quickly.
1. Salad with quinoa and vegetables
- 2 cups of quinoa (200 g)
- 1 carton of snow peas (250 g)
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds (50 g)
- 3 cups of mineral water (300 mL)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallion (50 g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (25 g)
- Purple cabbage (to taste)
- 2 grated carrots (20 g).
- 1 red pepper, julienne cut (30 g)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Soak the quinoa at least 2 or 3 times in water.
- Place the water, salted to taste, in a pot to boil and add the quinoa. When boiling starts, reduce the heat and keep it covered for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the quinoa seeds are ready, they look translucent and have a white “tail.” Drain it and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Steam the snow peas and then drain them.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- After all the ingredients have cooled, mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, along with salt and pepper, vinegar and olive oil.
Also read: 7 Reasons to Eat Quinoa
2. Salad with quinoa and broccoli
This salad includes not just broccoli, but also other very nutritious ingredients. You can take this salad to work as a complete lunch!
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cucumber (40 g)
- 1 lemon (30 g)
- 1 tomato (30 g)
- 3 cloves of garlic (3 g)
- 1/4 white onion (5 g)
- 2 cups of water (400 mL)
- 1 cup of quinoa (200 g)
- 1 cup of broccoli (100 g)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (30 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (2.5 g)
- First, rinse the quinoa by putting it in a colander under the tap. Then, let the water drain from the quinoa.
- After, pour the quinoa and the 2 cups of water into a pot with the 1/4 onion, a clove of garlic and a teaspoon of salt.
- Boil this mixture. Once the water begins to boil, lower the heat and boil for about 15 minutes or until the water has boiled off.
- Next, cut the broccoli into small pieces and immerse them in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain them and reserve them for later.
- Peel and chop the cucumber into small cubes. Do the same with the red pepper and the tomato.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil with the juice of one lemon, two cloves of chopped garlic, half a teaspoon of salt and a quarter teaspoon of black pepper in a bowl. Stir until they are well mixed.
- Once the quinoa has cooled off, mix it in a bowl with the broccoli, the pepper, the cucumber and the tomato.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and refrigerate it.
3. Quinoa and corn salad
This salad is the easiest of all, so we encourage you to prepare it. In just 10 minutes, you will be enjoying this nutritious salad with quinoa!
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (100 g)
- 1/4 cup of corn (50 g)
- 12 black olives (5 g)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (20 g)
- 1/4 cup of carrot (grated (50 g)
- 1 avocado cut into cubes (80 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- First, as with all of the salads, wash the quinoa well, either by soaking it in a sieve or by soaking in a bowl at least three times. The reason why it is washed is to remove the saponin coating.
- Then, wash the olives and cherry tomatoes well.
- Next, start cooking the quinoa by following the instructions suggested above or following the package instructions.
- Once the quinoa cools, put it in a bowl and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Then, add the olive oil to add some moisture (that is, to make the salad less dry) and give the ingredients more flavor.