3 Delicious Rice Recipes
Whether you eat rice often or are looking to incorporate it more into your diet, here are three simple and delicious recipes that we think you'll love.
Rice is a common ingredient all over the world and is the perfect base for almost any kind of food, especially savory dishes. It seems like simple food, but combine it with the right ingredients and the possibilities will surprise you. Today, we’ll share some of the most simple and delicious rice recipes we could find.
Whether you make them for yourself or for a crowd, these recipes are sure to please.
The key is to find the perfect balance of flavors and textures, with rice as the unforgettable centerpiece. Think of it as a blank canvas, and let your imagination run wild.
3 Simple Rice Recipes
Rice is a basic food that provides some important nutrients for your body. While the nutritional profile will change somewhat depending on the variety (brown rice especially), according to the American Dietetic Association much of the white rice available today is enriched with thiamin, niacin, iron, and folic acid.
The best thing about rice is that it’s incredibly versatile. Here are three delicious options you can try today.
Tomato Basil Risotto
This recipe has Italian origins. You probably already know that the Italian word for rice is “risotto”. This dish has healthy nutrients and calories. It also has basil, an herb that gives it a very aromatic and fresh touch, which has a lot of antioxidants, according to a study in Food Chemistry. It also has tomato, the favorite fruit of chefs in the kitchen.
- 1 medium onion (70 g).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (45 g).
- 2 medium tomatoes (120 g).
- 2 cups of white rice (200 g).
- ½ branch of basil leaves.
- 2 tablespoons of butter (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper (45 g).
- 1 cup of vegetable broth (120 ml).
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese (190 g).
- On a cutting board, take out the seeds of the tomato, then peel and dice the tomato.
- Place a frying pan over low heat, add the butter and the onion cut into rings. Cook until golden brown.
- Now add the white rice.
- Next, add the vegetable broth and chopped basil. Simmer for 7 minutes and don’t stop stirring. (This is very important).
- Immediately after the rice has finished cooking, add the tomato and grated cheese.
- Continue to cook over low heat, adding more broth if necessary.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.
Read this article too: Try This Delicious Green Rice Recipe
Surf and Turf Paella
This is a well-known dish in almost all Latin American countries. This twist on the traditional Spanish paella is different in every region (it’s prepared in coastal regions) and also depends on the ingredients used.
- 6 prawns (150 g).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (45 g).
- ½ chicken cut into pieces (400 g).
- 4 medium Norway lobsters (120 g).
- 2 large tomatoes (200 g).
- 12 fresh mussels (125 g).
- Squid, cut into pieces (200 g).
- 1 ½ cups of fish broth.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (45 ml)
- 2 large cups of white rice (300 g).
- ½ tablespoon of sweet pepper (25 g).
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder (25 g).
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add rice.
- Then, sauté the prawns and Norway lobsters for 40 seconds and remove the heat.
- Next, sauté the chicken, squid, and mussels. Remember to keep on stirring. Be really careful with the squid.
- Keep stirring the ingredients for 3 or 4 minutes until they’re thoroughly cooked.
- Then, add the vegetables and sauté the tomato.
- Add the chopped garlic and pepper, stir everything together, and then add the fish broth.
- Let the rice cook for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down a little bit and serve at room temperature.
Want to know more? Read: 5 Things Fish Oil Can Do for You
Chocolate Rice Pudding
One of the most delicious rice recipes that is popular all over the world is sweet! Did you know it was possible to combine rice, milk, and chocolate?
Don’t worry about the sweetness because, if you use the right ingredients and eat the correct portion, it won’t affect your diet.
- 1 lemon peel (optional).
- Cinnamon (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (100 g).
- 2 medium cups of white rice (200 g).
- 2 cups of whole milk (220 ml).
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cocoa powder (150 g).
- Pour the milk into a pot and stir over low heat (this step is important).
- If you want, add the lemon peel to give it a nice aroma.
- Once boiling, add the white rice and stir so it doesn’t stick.
- Then lower the heat a bit and let it cook for about 7 minutes.
- After making sure the rice is cooked, add the sugar and chocolate.
- Start stirring immediately and keep on stirring until the chocolate and sugar are thoroughly mixed.
- Finally, serve and enjoy. You can serve it warm or put it in the fridge and then serve it once cooled.
These three simple rice dishes are low in calories when made with the right ingredients and proper rations. There is no need to overeat to enjoy these recipes.