3 Delicious Rice Recipes
Rice is perhaps the most widely used cereal in the preparation of various dishes, especially savory ones. And even if it may seem like very simple food, it can really surprise in many ways. Therefore, we present you some of the easiest rice recipes.
These recipes aren’t to be missed. Whether you prepare them to enjoy a single meal or for more people, whether there’s a special occasion, and so on.
The main issue is to find the perfect balance between different ingredients and, of course, to make rice become an unforgettable protagonist. Dare to take it as your blank canvas!
3 Simple Rice Recipes
Rice is a basic food that provides some important nutrients for your body. While the nutritional profile will change somewhat depending on the variety –brown rice especially–, according to the American Dietetic Association much of the white rice available today is enriched with thiamin, niacin, iron and folic acid.
The best thing about rice is that it’s incredibly versatile and can be used in multiple recipes. Here are three delicious options you can try today.
1. Tomato Basil Risotto
The first of these rice recipes has Italian origins. You probably already know that the Italian word for rice is risotto.
- 1 medium onion (70 g).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (45 g).
- 2 medium tomatoes (120 g).
- 2 cups of white rice (200 g).
- ½ branch of basil leaves.
- 2 tablespoons of butter (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper (45 g).
- 1 cup of vegetable broth (120 ml).
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese (190 g).
- On a cutting board, take out the seeds of the tomato, then peel and dice the tomato.
- Place a frying pan over low heat, add the butter and the onion cut into rings. Cook until golden brown.
- With the onions already golden (and still on low heat) it’s time to add the white rice.
- Next, add the vegetable broth and chopped basil. Simmer for 7 minutes and don’t stop stirring. (This is very important).
- Immediately after the rice has finished cooking, add the tomato and grated cheese.
- Continue to cook over low heat, adding more broth if necessary.
- Finally, serve hot and enjoy.
Read this article too: Try This Delicious Green Rice Recipe
2. Surf and Turf Paella
This is a well-known dish in almost all Latin American countries. This is a twist of the traditional Spanish paella.
- 6 prawns (150 g).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (45 g).
- ½ chicken cut into pieces (400 g).
- 4 medium Norway lobsters (120 g).
- 2 large tomatoes (200 g).
- 12 fresh mussels (125 g).
- Squid, cut into pieces (200 g).
- 1 ½ cups of fish broth.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (45 ml)
- 2 large cups of white rice (300 g).
- ½ tablespoon of sweet pepper (25 g).
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder (25 g).
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Then, sauté the prawns and Norway lobsters for 40 seconds and remove from heat.
- Next, the chicken until golden. Remember to keep on stirring. Be really careful with the squid.
- Keep stirring the ingredients for 3 or 4 minutes until they’re thoroughly cooked.
- Then, add the vegetables and sauté the tomato.
- Add the chopped garlic and pepper, stir everything together, and then add the fish broth.
- Let the rice cook for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down a little bit and serve at room temperature.
Want to know more? Read: 5 Things Fish Oil Can Do for You
3. Chocolate Rice Pudding
Among these simple rice recipes we also have an unmissable sweet pleasure. Did you think it wasn’t possible to combine rice, milk and chocolate? Yes, it is.
Don’t worry about the sweetness because, if you use the right ingredients and eat the correct portion, it won’t affect your diet.
- 1 lemon peel (optional).
- Cinnamon (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (100 g).
- 2 medium cups of white rice (200 g).
- 2 cups of whole milk (220 ml).
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cocoa powder (150 g).
- Pour the milk into a pot and stir over low heat (this step is important).
- If you want, add the lemon peel to give it a nice aroma.
- Once boiling, add the white rice and stir so it doesn’t stick.
- Then lower the heat a bit and let it cook for about 7 minutes.
- After making sure the rice is cooked, add sugar and chocolate.
- Start stirring immediately and keep on stirring until the chocolate and sugar are thoroughly mixed.
- Finally, serve and enjoy. You can serve it warm or put it in the fridge and serve it cold.
These 3 simple rice dishes are low in calories when made with the right ingredients. It’s also important to watch out for the size of the portions. There’s no need to overeat to enjoy these recipes and take advantage of their nutrients.