3 Delicious Artichoke Recipes for Weight Loss
Artichokes are very nutritious and have certain qualities that can help you lose weight more easily. The best part is that they’re very versatile!
If you’re planning on losing weight, these artichoke recipes are for you. Artichokes are full of nutrients that will help you burn fat without endangering your health.
In addition, they’re diuretic, which means that they’re good for water retention and bloating, which can make you look bigger than you actually are. Now you can starts seeing why people are so interested in finding ways to add artichokes into their diet!
Why exactly are they so highly recommended? How should I eat them if I want to lose weight? A lot of people are asking these questions, so below you can look over some of their health benefits and try these 3 delicious artichoke recipes on your own.
Benefits of artichokes for weight loss
Artichokes, known in the scientific world as Cynara cardunculus, belong to the Asteraceae family and are originally from countries like Greece and Italy. Today they’re popular all over the globe and considered one of the healthiest vegetables out there.
Some know the vegetable for its many uses in the kitchen, since it’s quite versatile and goes well with other foods. However, it’s mainly popular for its health benefits. Besides being very low in calories, artichokes are chock-full of nutrients that will help fulfill your body’s needs. The most notable are:
- Dietary fiber
- B complex vitamins
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Benefits of artichoke
Many people start eating artichokes to lose weight. However, many of them are unaware of how healthy they actually are for their bodies. They do a lot more than help with weight loss; they also prevent and treat multiple health problems. Artichokes:
- Support good liver health and stimulate bile production.
- Help purify your blood and remove toxins from your body
- Flush excess fluid from the tissues of your body
- Lower your cholesterol
- Improve your circulation and protect your arteries
- Support good digestion and treat constipation
- Lower uric acid levels
- Relax your nervous system and relieve headaches
- Make you feel fuller longer and control your appetite
The best artichoke recipes for weight loss
In these artichoke recipes, you’ll find a substance known as cynarine, which helps your body digest fats and keep them from building up. They also contain prebiotic fiber, something that will help keep your intestinal flora healthy.
1. Artichoke horsetail tea
This tea, made out of artichoke and horsetail, is excellent for weight loss. The nutrients in it will help you burn calories, get your blood circulating, and minimize cellulite.
- 1 artichoke
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of horsetail
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Cut an artichoke into pieces and boil in the water.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and add the horsetail.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- After 10 more minutes, strain and add the lemon juice.
- Have one cup the first thing in the morning and another in the afternoon.
- Drink at least 3 times a week.
2. Artichoke salad
Artichokes are delicious, and one great way to add them to your diet is with this low-calorie salad.
- 2 artichokes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- Parsley and salt (to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil and sherry vinegar (to taste)
- Peel and halve the artichokes, cover them with water, and add the fresh parsley.
- Boil with salt (to taste) and then strain.
- Make a vinaigrette out of the green pepper, tomato, and minced onion.
- Combine the artichoke and dressing, then add the olive oil.
- Eat it for lunch or as part of a light dinner.
3. Spanish artichoke omelet
If you’d rather have artichoke for breakfast, then this tasty Spanish omelet is an excellent option. It will give you a protein boost and help keep you energized throughout your busy day.
- 1 artichoke
- 4 eggs
- Salt and oil (to taste)
- Slice the artichoke finely and sauté with a bit of salt and oil.
- Once ready, transfer them to a paper towel.
- Beat the eggs and add them to a nonstick pan.
- Add the artichoke in an even layer.
- Cook on medium-low until done.
Are you ready to try these artichoke recipes out? There’s no need to follow a strict diet; just pick a recipe (or all three) and enjoy it as part of a balanced diet.