3 Carrot Oil Treatments for Strong, Healthy Hair
Have you ever heard of the benefits of carrot oil treatments for your hair? Hair, like any other part of your body, needs protein, minerals, fats, and vitamins to stay healthy.
Generally, your hair grows about half an inch every month. This growth comes from the nutrients you get in your diet. The better and healthier your diet is, the stronger your hair will be.
Similarly, you can strengthen your hair with nutrients through natural products that have high concentrations of vitamins and minerals.
The benefits of carrots for your hair
We know that carrots are very good for your hair health. Some of their benefits include:
- They have vitamin C and E. These vitamins increase circulation in your scalp. This prevents premature grey hairs.
- Carrots protect your scalp from outside damage, like from pollution, the sun, the weather, etc.
- Hair loss is always accompanied by dry, dull, mistreated hair. Eating carrots makes your hair smooth and shiny.
- Thanks to their vitamin content (A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, and K), they strengthen your follicles and make your hair look better.
- Carrots are also recommended for getting your hair to grow more quickly. They do this thanks to their high content of potassium phosphorus and vitamins. These stimulate the hair follicles and reduce hair loss.
- Also, among the many benefits that carrots give your hair, they are useful for your skin, vision, and for strengthening your immune system.
See also: The Amazing Health Benefits of Carrots
1. Carrot oil with coconut and honey
As we’ve mentioned before, carrots are rich in Vitamin E and help fight hair loss. They also make your hair shiny and strong.
In addition, coconut essential oils are perfect for fighting dandruff. It’s also good for stimulating hair growth and keeping it hydrated. Finally, honey makes your hair smooth.
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup of coconut oil (you can use coconut milk or coconut cream if you don’t have this oil)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A strainer or cloth to filter the mixture
- Wash the carrots, then grate or cut them into very fine pieces to extract their juice.
- Mix the carrot juice with the coconut oil and the honey.
- When you get a smooth paste, put it in the cloth or strainer to get the oil.
- Then, take the oil that you get and apply it all over your hair, from the roots to the tips.
- Put your hair in a shower cap. Let the oil work for half an hour.
- After thirty minutes, wash your hair like normal.
- Finally, to get the best results, use this treatment every 15 days.
2. Avocado, egg, and carrot oil treatments
Besides the carrot juice, this treatment also has two other great ingredients. They’ll help to regenerate your hair.
The avocado will moisturize your hair deeply. Plus, the egg will give your hair nutrients and a slight layer of protection from external attackers.
- ½ cup of carrot juice
- 1 egg beaten (if you have oily hair, only use the egg white)
- 1 avocado
- 1 shower cap
- Firstly, in a container, mix the carrot juice with the egg.
- Then, cut open the avocado, and add it to the mixture.
- Beat it all together until you get a smooth paste. Apply this treatment to your hair as if it were shampoo. Be sure to cover everything.
- Put your hair in a shower cap and let the treatment work while you’re sleeping. We recommend putting a towel on your pillow in case the shower cap slips off.
- Lastly, in the morning, wash your hair with a lot of cold water.
Want to know more? Read: Egg Masks for Your Hair
3. Beets and carrot oil treatments
- 1 carrot
- 1 beet
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of moisturizing cream
- 1 strainer
Instructions for carrot oil treatments
- First of all, wash and peel the carrot and beet.
- Put the carrot, beet, water, and sugar in a blender and blend it until you get a more or less smooth mixture. Strain the mixture and pour it into a container with the moisturizing cream.
- Then, mix it well.
- Before applying this treatment, wash your hair as normal.
- Next, apply this treatment from the roots to the tips of your hair, using gentle massages.
- Let it work for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it with cold water.