3 Body Exfoliants Made with Rice for Incredible Skin
Rice is one of the most consumed foods in the world. It’s the second most produced cereal and its culinary uses vary greatly, as it’s a very versatile food. At the same time, in the field of aesthetics, it’s proven to be useful to take care of skin health. For this reason, rice has even been used to make body exfoliants.
The use of rice water for the elaboration of anti-aging cosmetic formulas has been widely studied in recent decades, since in countries such as Japan, it’s been a popular natural remedy for beauty.
According to some experts, much remains to be found out about the efficacy of rice water for skin care. However, they don’t rule out that it may have some. In the meantime, there are those who believe they can use rice – in various ways – in their beauty routine, such as scrubs, for example.
Rice is said to help regulate the skin’s oiliness, without stripping it of its protective layer or drying it out. It’s also said to nourish the skin and help regenerate it, giving it a smooth, luminous, and fresh appearance.
Let’s see below how to make scrubs with rice, combining this cereal with other natural products.
1. Exfoliants with rice and coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unwashed white rice (50 g)
- 3 teaspoons organic coconut oil (15 g)
- Take the rice and grind it into a powder.
- Mix it with the tablespoon of coconut oil.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mixture, rub in circular movements all over the face.
- Let the cream act for a few minutes, then rinse and remove.
2. Body exfoliants with rice and honey
This scrub is said to be ideal for people with sensitive skin. Both the rice and the bran help to soothe the skin and cleanse it, without mistreating it.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of cow’s milk (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of pure bee honey (10 g)
- 6 tablespoons of whole brown rice (120 g)
- 1/2 cup of brown rice powder -the rice must contain the bran- (50 g)
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of brown rice with plenty of water.
- Grind the 1/2 cup of rice and together with the cooked rice, beating until you have a cream without lumps.
- The water will be used to leave aside any lumps as much as possible.
- Add the spoonful of pure bee honey and mix.
- Then, with all the ingredients properly mixed, add the tablespoon of milk and whisk.
- Once everything is well mixed and you have a cream, let it stand until it cools.
- Apply with firm but circular movements on the skin of the face. Rinse with warm water.
3. Rice and oatmeal scrub
Discover more: 7 Body Scrubs for Dry Skin
This is another rice scrub that provides softness to the skin. In addition, it’s perfect for pampering the skin, as it helps relieve redness and inflammations that it may present.
- 1 cup of rice (200 g)
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal (130 g)
- 4 cups of drinking water (1 liter)
- 5 drops of essential oil of preference
- If the rice isn’t organic, it would be best to wash it.
- Let the rice and oats soak for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Strain and squeeze well to remove all the water.
- Add the drops of essential oil, whisk manually and it is ready!
- Store in a glass container and keep refrigerated.
4. Rice flour scrub
The known benefits of this cereal don’t only come from the grain. In milled form (as a flour) its properties are maintained. Learn how to make a scrub at home.
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour (30 g).
- 4 tablespoons of water (60 ml).
- Mix the rice flour with the water until a compact paste is formed. To achieve this, stir the two ingredients with the help of a spoon.
- Apply the resulting mask on your cleansed face and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- After that time, remove the compound with plenty of warm water and start showing off a wonderful skin.
5. Rice Sugar Grain Scrub
In popular circles, it’s often said that sugar is a good exfoliant for the skin. However, it’s true that it could scratch the skin it if applied with abrupt movements, since the grains are very rough. So, use it in minimal quantities or replace it with oatmeal.
- 3 small cups of water (300 ml)
- 6 tablespoons of white rice (120 g)
- Refined white sugar (1 g)
- In a recipient, introduce the cups of water and the spoonfuls of sugar.
- Cook the 6 spoonfuls of rice to slow fire. After the preparation is ready, wait until it cools down.
- Mix the ingredients very well, using a whisk. Let stand for about 1 hour.
- Apply it on your face and start making circular movements, then rinse.
6. Milk and rice as exfoliants
This mixture is said to be perfect for moisturizing and removing excess oil and dead skin cells. Both milk and rice will help nourish the skin, soften it, and make it look better.
- 1 glass of liquid milk (250 ml).
- 1/2 tablespoon of rice (10 g)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix without cooking for 10 minutes.
- Then, with your hands, apply it on your face and firmly start massaging in a circular motion.
- Rinse with plenty of water, and repeat if necessary.
If you have any doubts about how to carry out exfoliation or skin care in general, it’s best to go to your dermatologist. The professional will give you the most pertinent indications, according to your skin type.