3 Infusions to Clean the Colon and Intestines
And even more common is that many people neglect the end part of our intestines called the colon, which also performs some basic functions: hydration, storing waste and synthesizing vitamins. It is imperative, therefore, that we establish some basic guidelines in our diet to detox and at the same time strengthen these vital organs.
Today, in this article, we want to provide you with some simple remedies to clean the colon and the intestines. In what way? By using some medicinal plants which should always be in your kitchen. Take note!
Infusion of artichoke and ginger
This combination may surprise you. However, this medicinal infusion is used not only as an authentic remedy but also to clean the colon and the intestines, but which can help you in all these aspects as well:
- Artichoke water is incredibly rich in vitamins and minerals, for which it is ideal to optimize the functioning of the liver and kidneys.
- Both artichoke water and ginger purify toxins, help to eliminate fats and further, they clean out stored wastes from the colon.
- Ginger and artichoke water will also improve our digestion.
- This medicinal infusion can also help combat the so-called bad cholesterol.
- Above all, ginger will also help reduce inflammation. It is ideal for those day when you have stomach pain.
- 2 medium artichokes
- 1 liter (32 oz) of water
- 80 g (2.8 oz) of ginger root
- This infusion is very simple to prepare. The first thing to do is start the water to boil and once you see that it has begun to boil, add the artichokes and the 80 grams (2.8 oz) of fresh ginger.
- Cooking can last between 30 and 40 minutes, until you see that the artichokes have softened and all their juice and beneficial properties are now in the water.
- The next step is also very easy: you just need to strain out the artichokes so that all that remains is the medicinal water. You can save the artichokes for your dinner with a little oil and vinegar. Delicious!
- You can pour the artichoke water into a glass bottle and keep it in a dry place. You should drink a glass on an empty stomach in the morning, another after lunch, another in the afternoon and a final one after dinner. Do this for 8 days in a row and you will see how much better you feel.
2. Infusion of mint and dandelion
Did you know that mint is the best medicinal plant to treat an irritable bowel? For this reason it is essential that you always have some in your house. In addition to being a fabulous ingredient for desserts, it is also the perfect plant to combine with other medicinal plants, such as dandelion. Let us explain why.
- This medicinal infusion will help you to avoid the classic intestinal contractions which cause so much pain, relaxing the intestinal walls, reducing cramps and further helping to avoid constipation or diarrhea.
- Our digestion will improve.
- Further, combining dandelion with mint will help to cleanse the colon and intestines.
- Another benefit is that it acts as an excellent sedative, it relaxes us and alleviates headaches and general malaise.
- 20 g (0.7 oz) of fresh mint
- 20 g (0.7 oz) of dandelion
- 1 glass of water (200 ml or 6.7 fl oz)
- One tablespoon of honey
- It’s very easy! In this case you only need to heat the class of water and when it is boiling, add the mint and dandelion and let it cook for at least 15 minutes. Then let it sit for some 10 minutes and afterward, add a spoonful of honey. This is perfect for just after lunch.
3. Infusion of aloe vera and linden flowers
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that nearly every day more and more benefits are attributed to. It is simply wonderful and is a natural ally to help clean the colon and intestines. It is also very suitable if you suffer from the painful irritable bowel. We will explain why it is so beneficial:
- It acts as a natural lubricant for our entire digestive system.
- Aloe vera also cleanses the digestive tract by eliminating toxins and any other impurity that has adhered to the intestines.
- It alleviates cramps, relaxes the muscles and helps avoid constipation.
- Combined with linden flowers it becomes a relaxing infusion capable of neutralizing any toxin and making sure these end up being eliminated in the stool.
- 80 g (2.8 oz) of aloe vera (the translucent gel from the inside of the leaves)
- 20 g (0.7 oz) of linden flowers
- A glass of water
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Begin by heating the glass of water. When it begins to boil, add the aloe vera gel and stir well until it completely dissolves in the water. Afterward, add the linden flowers.
- Let it cook well, for at least 20 minutes. Afterward, turn off the heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Do not drink this infusion while it is very hot, it is better to let it get lukewarm. Remember to add a few drops of lemon juice and drink it on an empty stomach for 8 days in a row, to clean your colon and intestines. You will feel great.