3 Avocado Smoothies to Reduce Cholesterol
These avocado smoothies not only allow you to take advantage of all the benefits of avocados; they also include a number of other ingredients that are beneficial for reducing bad cholesterol, while increasing the good.
There is a lot written about the wonders of avocados. It is said that this is the only fruit rich in healthy fats that protects the heart. Its nutritive value is so high that it’s the ideal food for combining with all types of dishes.
Besides being the main ingredient in guacamole, avocados also stand out as a wonderful ingredient when it comes time to making natural smoothies. When trying to reduce cholesterol levels never forget that this fruit is a sure-fire option for doing so.
According to several studies, moderate, regular consumption of avocados helps reduce triglyceride levels while also reducing bad, or LDL, cholesterol levels by 11%.
If you also make the effort to eat a healthy diet and lead an active lifestyle, you will enjoy greater overall health and a stronger heart.
That’s why today, we invite you to try these delicious avocado smoothies to help you lower your cholesterol levels.
1. Avocado lime smoothie
If you start to eat a healthy diet along with half an avocado a day, the next time you have your blood tested, your results will be much better.
It is true that cholesterol is a type of fat produced by the body, and by itself, it is very necessary for certain bodily functions. But the key is to always keep it balanced, within certain limits.
- Any kind of imbalance immediately puts your health at risk by increasing the possibility of suffering from cardiac disease or stroke.
- In this first smoothie, we are using not only avocado, but lime as well. This citrus fruit is not as acidic as lemons, and it turns out to be very powerful when it comes to treating certain conditions like arteriosclerosis.
- Its vitamin C and antioxidants fight against the formation of clots and also helps optimize blood circulation.
This is a delicious combination that we hope you try.
- 1 glass lime juice (200 mL)
- 1/2 avocado
- This is just as easy as simply getting the glass of lime juice. It tastes delicious by itself, but once you add the half avocado to it in the blender, the result is sensational.
- Blend until smooth and you’ll have a wonderful morning smoothie.
Prepare this every day.
2. Avocado and coconut water smoothie
Coconut water is the perfect resource for fighting cholesterol. It is rich in the type of fatty acids that, just like avocados, promote heart health.
- Coconut water also contains lauric acid, which is capable of increasing “good”, or HDL, cholesterol.
- The presence of minerals like potassium or B complex vitamins and vitamin C also make it an excellent heart protector.
- We also can’t forget that coconut water and avocado are great for providing energy. This makes this simple smoothie a natural source of health for starting the day in the best way possible.
- 1 glass coconut water (200 mL)
- 1/2 avocado
- It’s important that you get a real coconut water for this smoothie. We know that it’s generally sold in the supermarket in a can, but in these cases it does end up losing a large portion of vitamins and minerals. So if possible, always add real coconut water.
- For this smoothie, all you have to add to your blender is the half avocado and coconut water. Blend and serve in your favorite glass. This is a very medicinal smoothie that will help reduce cholesterol.
3. Avocado and apple smoothie
You are going to love this. This apple and avocado smoothie will bring you health, vitality, energy, and pleasure to your senses.
- With a smooth texture and acidic/sweet taste, very few fruits can be as powerful when it comes to fighting triglycerides and protecting the heart.
- This smoothie reduces blood pressure, fights fat deposits stuck to arteries, and it is also satiating, which will last until your next meal without having to snack in between.
Here’s how to make it.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 glass lemon juice (100 mL)
- First, peel the apple and cut it into four pieces. Then squeeze out your lemon juice (100 mL) and place them in the blender.
- Add the half avocado, the apple and lemon juice. Blend well until smooth.
- If you think it’s a little thick, just add a bit of water.
So are you ready to try one of these avocado smoothies this morning?