3 Avocado Smoothies to Reduce Cholesterol
These avocado smoothies not only allow you to take advantage of all the benefits of avocados, they also include a number of other beneficial ingredients. These might help you reduce bad cholesterol while increasing the good.
A lot is written about the wonders of avocados. Avocado has plenty of healthy fats that help protect the heart. Its nutritional value is so high that it’s great for combining it with all types of dishes.
Besides being the main ingredient in guacamole, avocados also stand out as a wonderful ingredient for natural avocado smoothies. When trying to reduce bad cholesterol levels, always keep this fruit in mind.
According to several studies, moderate, regular consumption of avocados helps reduce triglyceride levels while also reducing bad, or LDL, cholesterol levels by up to 11%.
If you also make an effort to eat a healthy diet and lead an active lifestyle, you’ll enjoy greater overall health and a stronger heart.
That’s why today we invite you to try these delicious avocado smoothies to help you lower your cholesterol levels.
1. How to make avocado smoothies with lime juice
If you start to eat a healthy diet along with half an avocado a day, the next time you have your blood tested, your results will be much better.
It’s true that cholesterol is a type of fat produced by the body. It’s very important for certain bodily functions in moderation. But it becomes dangerous when you don’t keep it balanced and its amounts within certain limits.
- Any kind of imbalance immediately puts your health at risk by increasing the possibility of suffering from cardiac disease or stroke.
- In this first smoothie, we’re not only using avocado, but lime as well. This citrus fruit is not as acidic as the lemon, and it turns out to have very powerful health benefits.
- Its Vitamin C and antioxidants fight against the formation of clots and also help optimize blood circulation.
This is a delicious combination that we hope you try.
- 1 glass lime juice (200 mL)
- 1/2 avocado
- This is just as easy as simply getting the glass of lime juice. It tastes delicious by itself, but once you add the half avocado to it in the blender, the result is sensational.
- Blend until smooth and you’ll have one of our best avocado smoothies for the morning.
Prepare this every day.
2. Avocado and coconut water smoothie
Coconut water is the perfect resource for fighting cholesterol. It’s rich in the type of fatty acids that, just like avocados, promote heart health.
- Coconut water also contains lauric acid, which is capable of increasing “good”, or HDL, cholesterol.
- The presence of minerals like potassium or B complex vitamins and Vitamin C also make it an excellent heart protector.
- We also can’t forget that coconut water and avocado are great for providing energy. This makes this simple smoothie a natural source of healthy energy for starting the day in the best way possible.
- 1 glass coconut water (200 mL)
- 1/2 avocado
- It’s important that you get real coconut water for this smoothie. We know that it’s generally sold in the supermarket in a can, but in these cases it does end up losing a large portion of vitamins and minerals. So always use real coconut water when possible.
- For this avocado smoothie, all you have to add to your blender is the half avocado and the coconut water. Blend and serve in your favorite glass. This is a very healthy smoothie that will help reduce your cholesterol.
3. Avocado and apple smoothie
You’re going to love this. This apple and avocado smoothie will bring you health, vitality, and energy. Not only that, but it’s a pleasure for your taste buds.
- With a smooth texture and acidic/sweet taste, very few fruits can be as powerful when it comes to fighting triglycerides and protecting the heart.
- This smoothie reduces blood pressure, fights fat deposits stuck to arteries, and it is also satiating, which will last until your next meal without having to snack in between.
Here’s how to make it.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 glass lemon juice (100 mL)
- First, peel the apple and cut it into four pieces. Then squeeze out your lemon juice (100 mL) and place everything together in the blender.
- Add the half avocado, the apple juice, and the lemon juice. Blend well until smooth.
- If you think it’s a little thick, just add a bit of water.
So are you ready to try one of these avocado smoothies this morning?It might interest you...