20 Great Ways to Reuse Wooden Crates at Home
When you reuse wooden crates, you can create a unique, inexpensive, and personalized item for storage in different parts of the home.
Wooden crates (like the kinds that contain fruit) are easy to reuse if you just use a little imagination. Because they’re made of durable materials there are plenty of interesting ways you can use them, in order to avoid having to throw them away.
If you don’t have a wooden crate at home but want to try out any of these craft projects, then you can find them at your nearby grocery store or supermarket.
Today we want to share 20 brilliant ways to reuse wooden crates and turn them into something decorative and useful for your home. Are you ready!
1. Reuse wooden creates: end tablesFirstly, sand down the fruit crate, paint it any color you like, and then add wheels to transform it into a side table for storing books and magazines.
2. Mirror and shelf
You can also add two drawers at the sides for additional shelving.
3. Accessories storageIf you choose a color of paint that goes well with your room colors you can create a cute box to store all those small accessories you use every day.
4. Kitchen organizerColored paints or decorative sticker paper can create these great organizers to store your dishes or utensils in the kitchen.
5. A shoe benchOut of all the many ideas for to reuse wooden crates, this is one of our favorites. It’s important that the wood is tough enough to use it as a stool, however.
Use spray paint to coat the crate and then line one side with fabric. Use the hollow space inside for shoe storage.
6. Garden or patio furnitureWhen you combine several crates using nails you can create a rustic looking set of shelves for your garden. It’s great for storing small plants, pots, and other gardening items.
7. Children’s toy chestPaint a large crate with bright colors and store smaller boxes inside to create a toy chest for your children.
8. Small living room furniture
Add several drawers to a painted fruit crate and use it in your living room to store magazines, books, or anything else you need.
9. Small magazine rackWith a little wood polish, paint, or other decoration you have the perfect little magazine rack.
10. Pet bedIf the crate is large enough for your pet to make a bed, then just sand it down, and add some fluffy stuffing and a blanket.
You’ll have a brilliant, cheap pet bed!
11. Coffee tablePut together several crates that are similar in size using glue or another adhesive and you have a coffee table for your deck or patio.
12. Craft boxPaint your crate and you’ll get a multipurpose box for the home. You can store decorative flowers, newspapers, and anything else you’re not sure where to put.
13. A toy trainIf you want to make a cute craft project for your kids, then reuse wooden crates to build a toy train. Paint it with bright colors, then add wheels, and your children will love to play with it.
14. Book boxesJust fix two or three crates to the wall and use them for book shelving.
15. Wheeled organizers
This is a great craft for people who are short on storage space in their home. Firstly decorate the crates, add wheels, and then store them under the bed to keep things looking tidy.
16. Living room shelving
Instead of spending all your money buying furniture to decorate your living room, fix several painted crates together to build a shelf.
17. Wall organizer
Fix some painted crates on your walls to get unique organizers. You can put labels on each one to keep things organized.
18. A ledge for toysA nicely polished and painted crate can become a great ledge for your children’s room. Decorate it to their liking and then add toys to it for storage and display.
19. Bathroom furniture
Put two crates together, paint them, and then place them in your bathroom for organizing towels, toiletries, and to add a decorative touch.
20. Garden potsGive your garden a unique appearance by using these types of crates as pots for your plants. They’ll look fantastic!
So, now you know how you can reuse wooden crates in such a creative way, you can have fun coming up with your own creations at home.