Two Shampoos and Two Masks You Can Make at Home to Detox Your Hair
Many times, instead of needing more products for our hair, what it actually needs is a detox. There are shampoos and masks made with natural ingredients that are excellent for purifying or detoxing hair.
How much would you say that you spend on products for cleaning your hair?
It’s no secret that the beauty industry earns millions on these products, but even so, you don’t always see the results you want. This is often because your hair needs to be purified and you need to detox your hair.
On occasion, the only thing that your hair needs is to be freed of all of those chemicals for a few days.
Our recommendation is that you choose a shampoo with natural ingredients instead of the traditional ones that contain a lot of chemicals.
As we continue, we will show you the best shampoos and masks to purify your hair.
Shampoos and masks to purify your hair
These shampoos and masks help reduce hair loss and dry ends.
We invite you to try the options and then choose your favorites. In just a little time, your hair will look better.
1. Lemon, aloe, and pepper shampoo for hydration
This shampoo is perfect for purifying your hair and hydrating your scalp.
Keep in mind that you might notice a slight discoloration because of the lemon, so you should avoid it if you’re worried about keeping your hair darker.
If you want to use it, you’ll notice that your hair will stop itching and bothering you.
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup of chopped peppers without seeds
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender and process them.
- Pour the homogenous mixture into a plastic container.
- Keep in the fridge.
Use this combination daily.
We recommend that you use completely natural and pure aloe vera. The best option will always be that you get it for yourself from the plant.
If this isn’t possible, then be sure to buy one that is free of conservatives. This shouldn’t be difficult if you look in a specialized nature store.
2. Homemade coconut milk and aloe vera to balance pH
Are you worried about the pH levels of your hair? Well, with this shampoo you can forget about this problem forever.
We recommend that you use it at least once a week. If you have some left over, keep it in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- Combine the two ingredients in a bowl, using a spatula or a spoon.
- Keep in a plastic container.
- Keep in the refrigerator or in a fresh place.
- Take it out of the refrigerator every time you use it.
- Put it back after using it.
Coconut milk can be found in specialized stores and large supermarkets.
In the case that you prefer that it be completely pure, you can make it yourself following these steps:
- 4 cups of coconut water.
- 1 coconut cut into pieces.
- Liquefy the two ingredients at max speed until you have an almost homogenous mixture.
- Strain the mixture with a fine cloth or a very fine colander.
- Store the resulting milk in a glass jar.
- Keep in the fridge for 4 days.
Use it to cook, drink or to make your beauty products.
We recommend that you make your own coconut milk. Although it’s possible to find it in different establishments, there is always the possibility that it will contain some type of conservative.
3. Coconut milk mask for helping with hair growth
Have you tried homemade shampoos and ended up not liking it because you miss the foaminess?
This can be solved with the following recipe for a mask to detox your hair.
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of conditioner
- Mix the two ingredients.
- Apply to your hair from root to tips.
- Give yourself a soft massage on your roots.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with a lot of water.
- Brush normally.
With this mask, you hair will improve immediately and it will help promote its growth.
Try to apply this mask once a week.
4. Mask to neutralize greasy hair
Does your hair give you problems because it’s too greasy and then after a few hours it looks dull? Are you tired of the grease accumulating and then at the end of the day your hair has a noticeably light smell?
The problem with grease is that it makes you feel as though you haven’t washed your hair in days.
To take care of this problem, try to apply this mask twice a week.
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of warm water
- Mix the baking soda with water.
- Let sit.
- Dampen your hair completely.
- Apply the mixture with a brush.
- Apply through your hair.
- Massage your hair for a couple minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
This mask is effective because the baking soda eliminates the oils that have accumulated excessively as well as the dead cells. The water eliminates everything in the most natural way possible.
Use this mask two times a week, if the grease is excessive. Then, only apply it once a week.
Extra tips to help with detoxing your hair
- Try to drink more natural water, without flavors or sugars.
- Replace your commercial shampoo for one with natural ingredients.
- Avoid using beauty products like gel, sprays, serums, among others.
- Try to carry out a detox procedure at least once a month.