2 Caesar Salad Recipes
If you’re a fan of salads, boy do we have a treat for you! Also, if you also consider yourself fitness person, then these delicious Caesar salad recipes will help you watch your figure.
You may get bored if you eat the same salads several times a week. That’s why you should read this article and learn how to make these wonder salad recipes.
The main ingredient of this popular salad is romaine lettuce. This type of lettuce contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium, zinc, and iron. Also, it provides folic acid, vitamins A and B, as well as fiber and niacin.
Check out this article too: Surprise your guests with a delicious Greek salad
2 Caesar salad recipes
1. Chicken Caesar salad
Almost everyone loves Caesar salads because they contain healthy ingredients that give them a unique taste. And the sauce is the best part of all.
- 1 loaf of rustic bread or just a loaf of day old bread
- 2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese (450 g)
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts (100 g)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice (60 ml)
- ½ cup of olive oil (110 ml)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 chicken breast (330 g)
- 4 garlic cloves (8 g)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Mix the olive oil with the garlic and salt. Let it sit for about half an hour.
- Cut several slices of bread.
- Spread the oil, salt, and garlic mixture on the slices of bread (you don’t have to spread all the mixture).
- Cut the bread slices into smaller pieces. They don’t need to be the same size.
- Bake the bread pieces for 10 minutes until they become golden brown and crispy.
- Pour some olive oil in a frying pan and wait for it to heat up.
- Simmer the chicken breast for 15 minutes.
- Flip them over so it cooks on both sides.
- Once ready, turn off the heat and cut the chicken breast into pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, olive oil, and some garlic. Whisk the mixture until you get a sort of cream and then spread it on the meat.
- Add some salt, pepper, and lemon juice and continue whisking all the ingredients.
- While you whisk, slowly add the Parmesan cheese.
- Clean the lettuce, cut the leaves, and place them in a bowl.
- Pour the mix of the olive oil, garlic, and other ingredients on the lettuce leaves slowly.
- Mix until everything is well soaked with the sauce and then add more grated Parmesan cheese and the pieces of bread you prepared earlier.
Read this article too: 6 Quick and Easy Salads
2. Caesar salad with apple and mustard
Caesar salad recipes are very versatile because you can add or remove ingredients according to your personal preference. In this Caesar salad recipe, some of the main ingredients are pork, apple, and a delicious touch of mustard.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (50 ml)
- 4 pork cutlets (300 g)
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt (45 ml)
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard (15 ml)
- 1 romaine lettuce heart (100 g)
- ½ cup of lemon juice (3 ml)
- 2 fresh apples (400 g)
- The first thing to do is clean the meat and make sure it doesn’t have any fat.
- Then, set the lean meat aside.
- With a corer, remove the core and stems of the apples.
- Don’t peel the apples. Cut them in half and place them on top of the aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the mustard, tablespoon of olive oil, yogurt, juice of half a lemon, grated cheese, and apples.
- Cover the bottom of the bowl with some of the prewashed lettuce leaves.
- Then, coat the pork with some olive oil and salt.
- Turn on the grill and cook the pork. This should take between 3 and 4 minutes.
- Flip everything over often to make sure the pork cooks on both sides.
- Turn down the heat when the meat is halfway done and let it sit in its juices for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the pork cool a bit.
- Cut the pork into small pieces.
- Add the meat to the bowl with all the other ingredients, mix well, and voilá!
Most of the ingredients in Caesar salads are very healthy. They have very few calories and have little to no fat. Also, they provide good carbs which our bodies need to function properly.
Remember that Caesar salad recipes contain vitamins and mineral-rich ingredients. Therefore, you should include this salad in your diet.