2 Best Natural Teas Rich in Magnesium
Read this article to discover two magnesium-rich teas.
Do you suffer from a magnesium deficiency? You might not even be aware of it because a lack of this important mineral usually doesn’t show up in blood tests. However, this really shouldn’t be the case, because magnesium regulates the electrical conductivity and activity of your cells.
Perhaps you’re one of those people who have suffered from sudden and unexplained headaches, joint pain, or fatigue over the course of several weeks. What can you do? If your doctor has examined you but hasn’t been able to make a proper diagnosis, it might be time to try to increase your magnesium intake.
You should always ask your doctor about taking magnesium supplements. In addition, it’s a good idea to improve your diet by adding foods that are rich in this mineral.
In today’s article, we’ll tell you about the top two teas you can drink to increase your magnesium intake. Are you ready?
How do you know if you have a magnesium deficiency?
- Mental and physical fatigue that lasts for more than a month. It’s not only temporary – this kind of fatigue will last throughout the day.
- It’s hard for you to concentrate.
- You suffer from headaches at least half of the days of the month.
- Also, you feel pain or tension in your shoulders, neck, and upper back.
- You suffer from fluid retention.
- Your lower eyelid twitches constantly.
- On some days, you’re angry or anxious for no clear reason.
- You have problems sleeping. Some days you suffer from insomnia, while others you have uncontrollable tiredness.
We recommend you read: How to Naturally Relieve Tension Headaches
Now let’s find out what are the best teas for replenishing your magnesium stores.
1. Rooibos tea
Are you ready to learn what rooibos tea can do for you?
- This plant also contains high levels of zinc, iron, copper, potassium, manganese, fluoride, vitamins E and C, and flavonoids. This tea is sometimes called the drink of athletes due to its ability to restore minerals that are lost during exercise or physical activity. It’s just amazing!
- This tea strengthens the bones and teeth.
- Also, it improves digestion.
- It acts as an antihistamine against allergies.
- This tea can relieve a sore throat and mouth.
- It’s an excellent diuretic, ideal for any detox.
How to make rooibos tea
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- A teaspoon of rooibos tea (3 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Start by boiling the cup of water. Remember that, to get the most out of your teas, you should always prepare them in a teapot or kettle made of some material other than aluminum. Ceramic and clay are the two best options for natural plant teas.
- Add the rooibos tea to the hot water and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool for five more minutes.
- Choose your favorite teacup, strain the liquid into it, add the honey, and enjoy. It’s delicious! You can drink two to three cups of this tea every day.
2. White tea
Moreover, it has a lot of minerals such as magnesium. You should also keep in mind that there are even more reasons to add more white tea to your daily diet:
- White tea protects and regulates the production of lipids, so it’s often recommended for weight loss.
- This tea regulates cholesterol levels and helps prevent the increase of so-called bad cholesterol or LDL.
- It protects the teeth, fighting the formation of cavities.
- Also, it improves symptoms of fatigue, weakness, or sadness and provides a lot of energy.
- White tea has half the protein content than that of green tea, meaning it has fewer side effects.
- It’s one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world, with four times more polyphenols and catechins than green tea. This makes it ideal for fighting premature aging.
How to make white tea
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- A teaspoon of white tea (3 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (2 g)
- Start out, as always, by boiling the water.
- Add the white tea for 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Serve this tea with some honey. You can drink two cups of this tea a day. It will definitely help you feel better!