Try the 15 Minute Fat Burning Routine
For the most part, fat burning exercise routines usually make us think of long periods of time and lots of effort. But not all of them are like this. The advantage of this one, in particular, lies in the fact that it can be integrated with any other routine. Of course, it can be alternated with other exercises. Many people choose to do it as a warm-up, that is, before going out for a walk or run.
Tips prior to doing this fat-burning workout routine
Before starting your 15 minute routine, we recommend that you set up the area where you plan to exercise. This of course applies if you plan on exercising inside your home. If you want to exercise outdoors, you just need to make sure that the ground and climate are suitable for the exercises.
- Stretch well all the way from your wrists to your ankles. Don’t forget to do rotational movements with your head and shoulders. This will help you warm up your body and reduce the risk of injury, according to a study published in 2019. Twists and bends of the neck, trunk and limbs will put you in the best possible condition to do the rest of the exercises that make up the routine.
- Remember to rest for a few seconds before starting the next exercise.
- Don’t forget to drink water to avoid dehydration.
- Set your stopwatch.
If you are resuming exercise after a long time without exercising, it will be best to keep doing the fat burning exercise routine for 15 minutes for the first two weeks. This way, you will build up the necessary physical endurance before increasing the duration of your workout.
Once you get used to it, you can incorporate more fat-burning exercises. After only 3 weeks, you will begin to notice the benefits. Overall, you will have a more toned body and, therefore, a better figure.
We recommend that you read: 7 Fruits that Keep Your Body Hydrated
1. Jump squats
The first exercise in this fat burning routine are jump squats. To do them, keep in mind that the distance between your feet should be the same as that between your shoulders. Also, make sure that the tips of your toes are angled slightly outward.
Then, with your back straight:
- Bring your hips slightly back and bend your knees. Try to make an angle of 90° between your muscles and your legs.
- Then, from that position, tense the muscles in your thighs so as to jump upwards.
- Return gently to the starting position so as not to strain the joints of the lower extremities.
- Repeat 12 times.
2. One-arm push ups
You’ll find a strength like you never had before with this exercise. In this one, you need to do push ups using only one arm.
- Go into the plank position.
- When you inhale, bend your elbows in a right angle to lower yourself a little.
- When you exhale, lift yourself up again, touching your shoulder with the opposite arm.
Keep in mind that your legs, back and neck should make a straight line. Tighten the leg and abdomen muscles to get the best results.
This exercise will be highly effective if you do 12 repetitions with each arm arms. You can also do them with your knees to strengthen your legs.
Also read: Rutina para hacer flexiones de brazos
3. Jump plank
The starting position is the same as the previous exercise. Your legs, back and neck should form a straight line and you should tighten your muscles.
When you inhale, bend your elbows in a right angle to lower yourself a little. When you exhale, lift yourself up and touch your shoulder with the opposite arm.
4. Plank with knee lift to burn fat
In this position, you need to do the plank while keeping your legs, back and neck in a straight line. In order to do so, you should tighten your leg and abdomen muscles as much as possible.
Remember that when you inhale, you have to bend your elbows in a right angle to lower yourself. When you exhale, you need to lift yourself up to touch your shoulder with the opposite arm. Do 12 repetitions alternating arms as well as your knees, if you’d like.
5. Upward and sideways jumps
To jump up and to the side, you need to get into a half-squat and lean towards one side. Then do the same towards the other side. Twelve repetitions will be enough to strengthen all the muscles involved in this dynamic exercise.
6. Plank with arm lift
In order to do this plank, your legs, back and neck should be in a straight line. You have to contract your leg and abdomen muscles while raising your right arm until it’s parallel with the ground. Then move your right leg to the side and repeat with the other. Repeat this exercise 6 times on the left side and 6 times on the right.
Strength train to burn fat
The best way to improve body composition is through strength training, according to a study published in the journal Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care.
However, you must combine this exercise routine with a healthy diet. Otherwise, you won’t see results.
To do so, try to eat a varied diet, prioritizing the intake of fresh products over processed ones. In addition, try to give up toxic habits such as alcohol consumption or smoking.It might interest you...