14 Remedies to Remove Heavy Metals from the Liver
Our body can store any lead that we might consume by drinking tap water, contaminated from the metal pipes.
Heavy metals. Why is it important to remove them from our body? Because they are toxins: harmful elements that damage our cells and make us sick. Most of them usually accumulate in our liver and, over the long term, cause quite serious health problems.
Therefore it is important to know how we can adequately detoxify our liver in order to eliminate these heavy metals which are capable of damaging not only this organ, but also the brain, kidneys, intestine and immunological system. So then why not start putting these simple suggestions into practice today?
1. The importance of removing heavy metals from our body
You should know that these heavy metals are classified as either organic or inorganic. The organic ones have their origin in certain medications. But be careful, as these harmful elements are also included in products such as alcohol and tobacco. These are habits we should avoid for the sake of our health and wellbeing.
And what are the heavy metals of inorganic origin? The so-called inorganic toxins are those that we consume through the foods we eat and also by means of pollution. Sometimes just working in a chemical industry or where heavy metals are handled can cause our health to suffer.
Sooner or later we end up suffering due to not correctly eliminating these built-up toxins from our body. And do you know where these heavy metals stay in the body? In the lymphatic system and most of all, in the liver. This is a health risk.
2. What are the common heavy metals that usually accumulate?
We are sure this is going to surprise you. Sometimes, despite our efforts to maintain a healthy lifestyle, we end up consuming toxins in common ways. Urban contamination, the water we drink or the chemicals found in many foods are the usual sources that can make us sick. Below we will give you a small list of these possible sources:
- Arsenic: this is the substance most harmful to the body. Do you know where you frequently find it? In tap water. The problem originates with the use of pesticides and natural filtration. This is a serious problem. We come into contact with the other sources of contamination by working in environments which contain this type of substance.
- Lead: we usually consume this by means of water pipes as well as through pesticides present in certain foods such as vegetables.
- Mercury: Do you know how we consume mercury? By means of contaminated fish and seafood.
- Cadmium: cadmium is present in many agricultural fertilizers. Without realizing it we end up consuming this daily by means of fruits and vegetables that contain this harmful heavy metal. Although there is no need for excessive worry, since in general the amounts are very low, in the long term they can be dangerous. Thus the importance of knowing how to detox your body.
14 remedies to detox heavy metals from your liver
1. Begin each day by consuming garlic on an empty stomach. For this, simply take a washed and peeled garlic clove and separate it into three small pieces to eat along with a glass of water. Don’t worry about the strong smell. Later you can drink some lemon juice and it will disappear. You also have the option of xylitol gum to eliminate the odor of garlic from your mouth. No doubt about it, starting the day by eating garlic on an empty stomach is an excellent means to remove the heavy metals from your liver.
2. Dandelion: How about making a healthy tea or infusion of dandelion after your lunch? This is one of the best plants to detoxify the body.
3. Artichoke water: you should use this remedy twice a week. To make it take two artichokes and cook them in a liter (4.2 cups) of water. When they are soft, remove the artichokes from the water. You can drink this infusion throughout the day. It’s marvelous! As a suggestion, if you add a little lemon juice it will be even more beneficial.
4. Chlorella (Chlorella pyrenoidosa): this is wonderful to detoxify the body of heavy metals. Where do you find it? In natural or specialized food stores.
5. Chlorophyll: Chlorophyll can also easily be found in natural food stores. It is an excellent natural resource to care for the liver, to detoxify and strengthen the immunological system.
6. Cilantro (Coriander): From now on don’t forget to include a few cilantro leaves in your salads and soups. For what reason? Because they help care for the immune system and eliminate mercury, aluminum and lead from the body.
7. Grapefruit and orange juice: this is an excellent combination of vitamin C that helps us detox from within. You can drink this juice every morning. You will love it.
8. Oatmeal: another excellent option for breakfast. Oatmeal is rich in zinc and selenium, two minerals that help care for our immune system and help remove heavy metals.
9. Whole grain rice: another cereal rich in zinc that will help care for your health. It is also tasty and an excellent aid for detoxifying.
10. Peaches: this juicy, tasty and tempting fruit contains a natural treasure of vitamins and minerals, which are perfect to help eliminate heavy metals.
11. Broccoli: You must know that broccoli is one of the best vegetables to detoxify the liver. But it is important to only buy organic broccoli, those that have been grown without the use of pesticides.
12. Raw spinach: spinach is very rich in chlorophyll. If you eat it raw you will benefit even more from its wonderful properties.
13. Brazil nuts (Bertholletia excelsa): These are delicious! And they are also rich in zinc and selenium which are ideal to help eliminate heavy metals.
14. Onions: Have you eaten an onion today? Have you added some to your salad? Remember they are rich in sulphur, a fabulous aid to neutralize heavy metals such as aluminum.