13 Tricks to Keep Your Bathroom Clean and Tidy
Trying to keep the bathroom clean and tidy is very important. In fact, it’s one of the spaces in the home that we should take care of the most, both for hygiene and aesthetics.
In this sense, no matter how big or small it is, there are a series of cleaning routines that we must apply daily, to keep it disinfected and in the right conditions.
As we understand that performing these tasks isn’t always easy, below we want to share 13 infallible tricks to organize it and leave it impeccable.
1. Use storage containers to keep your bathroom clean
If you have very little space to organize the small items in your bathroom, stick a few storage containers on the medicine cabinet door and store your items there.
2. Make a towel organizer
If you don’t have a closet or shelf to store your towels, you can make a fun organizer using tin cans and decorative paper.
3. Put towel racks on the door
Take advantage of the back of the door to add on some practical towel racks. This will help you make more space, and everything will look better.
4. Make an organizer out of jars
Another good idea for organizing small items it to place several glass jars on a wooden plank screwed into the wall. These will give your bathroom a different design while keeping things organized.
They can be used to store toothbrushes and other personal hygiene utensils in an organized manner.
5. Hidden shelf
You can take measurements of the bathroom closet door to make a practical, hidden shelf.
6. Use a wine shelf
If you have an old wine shelf that’s left unused, clean it off and place it in your bathroom for holding small, clean towels.
7. Perfume and accessory organizer
If you like to keep perfumes and accessories in your bathroom you can make this simple shelf with plates and old cups.
Also check out: Homemade Makeup Organizers
8. Storing curlers and blow driers
Stick a few PVC pipes to the door on your bathroom cupboard and use it to store curling irons, flat irons and blow driers for your hair.
9. Use baskets
The advantage to using baskets in the bathroom is that they’re very decorative and are great for storing pretty much anything.
10. Disinfect and whiten the toilet
The toilet should be cleaned every day to reduce the presence of bacteria and filth that accumulates.
Rather than using bleach and chemical detergents for a clean bathroom, make your own homemade product using baking soda.
- 3 Tbsp. baking soda (30 grams)
- 1/4 c. ammonia
- 2 c. hot water (500 mL)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle over the toilet.
- Then use the brush to scrub it.
- Finally, wipe down with a cloth.
- You can also use this solution to remove mold from the tub and walls.
11. Remove mildew from the shower curtain
- 1/2 c. white vinegar (125 mL)
- 2 c. water (500 mL)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Dilute the white vinegar in the 2 cups of water and add the lemon juice.
- Then, spray the product on your shower curtain and scrub with a brush.
- Finally, remove any residue and lay it out to dry in a well ventilated area.
12. Shine the faucet
Shower and sink faucets start to look dull after accumulating moisture, chemical residue and lime. To make them look brand new and bacteria-free, use hydrogen peroxide.
- 1/4 c. hydrogen peroxide (62 mL)
- 1/4 c. water (62 mL)
- 1 spray bottle
- Dilute the hydrogen peroxide with the cup of water and pour it into the spray bottle.
- Spray the faucets and scrub then with a rag.
13. Clean the tiles
Grime and fungus on bathroom tiles can be removed by using white vinegar. This product leaves tiles impeccable and prevents bad odors.
- 1/2 c. white vinegar (125 mL)
- 1 clean cloth
- Moisten the cloth in the white vinegar and briskly rub the tiles.
- If you notice they’re too dirty, use a scrubber brush.
As you can see, you don’t have to spend much to achieve a tidy and clean bathroom. Just use your creativity and the materials you have at home.It might interest you...