13 Kitchen Tricks to Make You Want to Cook
In this article, you'll learn how to get orange juice without a juicer, how to make your dough in the microwave, and how to make an egg in 3 minutes, among other kitchen tricks.
Cooking isn’t something that everyone likes to do, but if you make it more pleasant and painless, it can be much better.
This is exactly what you’ll get when you follow these kitchen tricks that will make you want to cook.
1. Peel a pomegranate in seconds
You can peel a pomegranate in a matter of seconds using a wooden spoon.
- To do it, you have to cut the pomegranate into two parts.
- Then, hit it with a wooden spoon, and it’s done.
- Lastly, all of the seeds fall onto your plate!
2. Grate cold butter
If you’re cooking with butter but it’s too cold, don’t worry. If you need to spread butter, grate it first and it will be much easier to spread.
3. Make dough in the microwave
Yes, you read that right! It’s much simpler to make dough in the microwave.
If you want to make dough with yeast:
- Put a cup of water in the microwave and put it on high for 2 minutes until the water begins to boil.
- Then, place the dough in the microwave, and you’ll see that the warm air and the vapor will make your dough rise faster.
Visit this article: Delicious Recipe for Artisan Bread
4. Beat your wine
Beating your wine will improve its flavor. This trick is efficient in the case of young wines. This simple trick improves the taste of any wine.
- Put it in the blender.
- Blend it for 15-30 seconds.
- Then, let the foam go down before you drink it.
5. Peel a hard-boiled egg quickly in a cup of water
To peel off the shell of a hard-boiled egg, submerge it in a cup of cold water and shake it well for a few seconds. Then, it will be easy to peel quickly.
6. Fill a banana with chocolate
If you like bananas, this might become your new favorite kitchen trick. All you need is a banana, some chocolate, a straw, and a syringe. To make this:
- Put a straw through the center of the banana.
- Next, fill the syringe with chocolate and insert it inside the banana.
- Now you have a banana filled with chocolate!
7. Prevent fish from sticking
Preventing fish from sticking to different cooking surfaces is easier than you think. Put the fish on top of lemon slices. Also, if you put them in the middle of the grill, your fish won’t stick. It’s simple!
8. Aluminum meat holder
You can make your own meat holder folding pieces of aluminum foil and put them under the oven sheet. This way, you can make sure that the meat doesn’t burn while also ensuring that it cooks evenly and quickly.
9. Juice an orange without a juicer
Making orange juice without needing to squeeze oranges by hand is possible. You need to give this a try!
- First, cut off the top of a plastic bottle and make a few holes in the peel of the orange the size of the piece.
- Then, put them in the holes you made.
- Knead the orange well with your hands and you’ll juice it!
Do you want to know more? 5 Alternative Uses for Orange Peels
10. Make your dough more uniform
To make your dough more uniform, you need to bake it using toothpicks to check its height. This way, you can be certain your dough is level.
11. Keep your ingredients from sticking
This will help you measure your ingredients easier and prevent them from sticking together (like honey or peanut butter). Put a little bit of cooking spray inside your measuring cups and you’ll make it much easier for yourself.
12. Prepare eggs in 3 minutes
There are many ways to prepare eggs and with this method. Also, you’ll be able to do it in only 3 minutes.
- Place an egg in a little plastic bag with some butter on the inside.
- Use a rubber band to tie it as close to the egg as possible.
- Place the egg in a pot with boiling water.
- Boil it for 3 minutes and then you’ll have a delicious egg.
This is one of the best kitchen tricks and one of the quickest!