13 Great Benefits of Guava Juice
Have you ever tried guava? This tropical fruit isn't only delicious, but also great for your health. Learn more about its benefits in this article!
There are too many good things about guava juice to describe in just one article. Guava is a tropical fruit that has several varieties, including yellow, red, and white.
Guava is one of the most nutrient-rich fruits that nature has to offer. It has amazing benefits for the body, as it’s filled with phosphorus, niacin, potassium, vitamins A and B, iron, calcium, and folic acid.
Although it’s usually eaten as a whole fruit, today we want to tell you about the benefits of drinking guava juice.
1. Fights mouth pain
Believe it or not, guava juice helps alleviate pain caused by certain conditions like stomatitis and inflammation of the gums.
- Just remember to brush your teeth thoroughly after you drink it, because it contains natural sugars that could accelerate tooth decay.
See also: How to treat common oral problems
2. Reduces inflammation caused by acne
Guava juice contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic compounds that help heal severe cases of acne.
- For the best results, apply it directly to the skin and rinse it once it dries.
Always be sure that the guava juice you use is completely natural, as the additives and sugars in commercial products can adversely affect your skin.
3. Provides stomach relief
There are two extreme intestinal conditions that guava juice can resolve: diarrhea and constipation.
- Thanks to its excellent contribution of fiber, a small glass of guava juice manages to activate and stabilize the function of your digestive system.
4. Losing weight
Regular consumption of guava juice helps you lose weight quickly and effectively.
- Because guava contains dietary fiber, it helps in the removal of toxins and fats.
- At the same time, it provides large amounts of energy to your cells.
5. Controls diabetes
Guava juice is excellent for keeping your blood sugar levels in good condition. This is because this juice actually increases insulin production.
It’s important to remove the skin from the fruit first, preparing the juice using some of the leaves from the plant itself but without any processed sugar.
You should also ensure that you don’t exceed the daily recommended amounts because while it does help control glucose, it also supplies the body with sugar.
6. May help prevent cancer
Guava contains a large amount of lycopene. This is a powerful antioxidant that fights the free radicals in the body and decreases the chances of activating cancer cells.
7. Fights respiratory diseases
Consuming guava juice helps control disease epidemics that often occur during the winter or rainy season, like colds and the flu.
- This is because its high vitamin C content naturally strengthens your immune system.
8. Your skin will look radiant
Guava juice contains large quantities of vitamins A, E, B, and potassium. This provides you with antioxidants that protect the skin and keep it looking healthy, fresh, blemish-free, and toned.
- Drinking it on a regular basis will help you maintain a youthful appearance and prevent premature aging.
9. Prevents anemia
Thanks to its iron content, guava juice is ideal for fighting anemia. Drink this juice if you feel very weak or have been diagnosed with anemia.
10. Helps your circulatory system
When you drink guava juice it protects your circulatory system in general:
- Regulates blood pressure
- Controls cholesterol levels
- Keeps arteries and veins free from fatty deposits
- All of this helps prevent heart disease
11. Keeps your nervous system healthy
A healthy nervous system is very important, and thanks to the contribution of magnesium, guava can help you keep it in perfect condition.
It’s a good idea to drink a small glass of guava juice when your nervous system is having difficulties.
12. Boosts your immune system
Guava strengthens the immune system when you prepare it as a juice. It increases your white blood cell count and favors the production of enzymes that repair your cells.
13. Helps maintain a healthy brain
The high concentration of vitamin B6 and niacin in this juice guarantee better brain function through the proper flow of blood. This gives you a good amount of cognitive stimulation.
Visit this article: Tips for having a healthy brain
Some recommendations when consuming guava juice
We could spend all day talking about the benefits of adding guava juice to your diet.
Remember, however, that nothing should be consumed in excess, so here are some tips for drinking guava juice correctly.
- Don’t buy canned or bottled guava juice. The additives and preservatives negate its medicinal properties.
- Avoid adding refined sugars when you make this juice at home. When you do, you reduce the health benefits for your body.
- Don’t mix in too many other fruits. Ideally, drink pure guava juice. When you add other fruits it increases the amount of sugar and poses a risk to your glucose levels.
As you’ve seen, guava juice is a great option. Add it to your daily diet while taking the above recommendations into account.