When the arteries thicken and lose elasticity, this causes atherosclerosis.
The main consequence of this condition is having harder veins. In turn, this can lead to suffering from certain diseases.
Moreover, atherosclerosis entails an accumulation of fat, collagen, and calcium (among other substances) in the arterial walls. This obstructs the normal passage of blood.
In this article, we’ll tell you about the best natural remedies to prevent this condition.
Risk factors for atherosclerosis
Heart attacks or cerebral infarctions are two very serious effects of plaque buildup on the arteries. Both occur when a large blood clot forms.
It’s necessary to take into account that there are some risk factors that increase the chances of suffering from atherosclerosis. Unfortunately, some of them can even lead to death. Among them are:
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol or the inability to metabolize sugar
- Lack of physical activity and stress
- Carbohydrate consumption
- Eating problems or obesity
- Excess consumption of alcoholic beverages and tobacco
Overall, the most recurrent symptoms of atherosclerosis are:
- Headaches, dizziness, fainting
- Ringing in the ears
- Stomach, arm, chest or leg pain
- Shortness of breath or lack of physical strength
- Loss of appetite, fatigue or chronic fatigue
- Speech or comprehension problems
- Inconsistencies in actions or lack of interest
Home remedies for atherosclerosis
First of all, you should see a doctor so that they can perform the relevant tests, determine the arterial problem and suggest an appropriate treatment. However, it’s also worth taking advantage of the benefits of natural remedies to reduce the symptoms of atherosclerosis.
Some of the most outstanding recipes are:
Remedy 1: Garlic milk
- First, put a few thinly-sliced garlic cloves into a glass.
- Then, add milk and let the mixture sit overnight.
- Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
You can also consume raw garlic at meals or marinate 4 garlic cloves in 400 grams of wine, then take a teaspoon of this before going to bed.
Remedy 2: Ginger, carrot and apple smoothie
- 1 small slice of ginger root
- 4 carrots
- ½ apple
- Simply peel and mince everything to ease the preparation process.
- Then, add everything to the blender with a little water and blend well until you get a smooth cream.
- Drink this smoothie every morning.
Remedy 3: Linseed oil
Every day, you should consume a teaspoon of cold pressed linseed oil.
We also suggest a slightly more elaborate alternative to help with consuming this oil.
2 tablespoons of linseed oil (30 g)
1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Mix 2 tablespoons of linseed oil with a glass of water.
- Then, leave it overnight and drink the mixture in the morning. This oil prevents blood clots and reduces bad or LDL cholesterol.
- Don’t forget to keep it in the fridge so it doesn’t go bad.
Remedy 4: Dandelion tea
- 1 handful of dried dandelion leaves
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Prepare the dandelion tea by using the dried leaves and water in a ratio of one handful of the leaves per cup of water.
- You can drink up to three cups per day.
- This plant improves blood circulation and reduces cholesterol, among other advantages.
Remedy 5: Natural cabbage, carrot, and parsley juice
- 3 cabbage leaves
- 2 carrots
- 1 bundle of parsley
All of these ingredients are rich in calcium, so they help prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Just wash them, peel them and chop them up.
- Then, place them in the blender and add a little water.
- Blend all the ingredients together for a few moments and then drink the juice immediately.
Remedy 6: Water with honey and vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- Fresh water (the amount you feel that you need)
- Add the tablespoon of honey and the vinegar in a glass and fill it with water.
- Then, mix well and consume it in the morning as soon as you get up.
Visit this article: 8 Cosmetic Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
Remedy 7: Chia seeds
Chia seeds are an excellent nutritional supplement due to their high contribution of Omega 3, which doctors advise to consume to reduce cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity.
In addition, chia seeds make you feel full, making them perfect for those on a diet. They can be added to soups, salads, yogurt, cakes or shakes.
Remedy 8: Broccoli, tomato, celery and garlic smoothie
We’ve already said that garlic is an excellent ally for cardiovascular and arterial health. However, combining it with other beneficial ingredients will give you a home remedy for arteriosclerosis like no other.
- 3 broccoli bunches
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 clove of garlic
- Add all ingredients in the food processor, with a little water to facilitate the blending.
- Blend, and drink immediately each morning.
Remedy 9: Carrot, lemon, beet, garlic, parsley, and spinach smoothie
This recipe also takes advantage of the benefits of garlic and celery in a smoothie and can be interesting to alternate with the previous smoothie
- 1 carrot
- The juice of 1 lemon
- ½ beet
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 handful of parsley
- ¼ cup spinach (15 g)
- Cut all the ingredients into pieces and extract the juice from the lemon.
- Then, blend them and drink the smoothie every day.
Remedy 10: Bay leaf tea
If you prefer teas or infusions, one of the best to treat or reduce atherosclerosis problems is made with bay leaves, which provide various beneficial acids such as oleic acid.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
Use two leaves of this plant for each cup of water. This improves blood circulation. You can drink up to four cups a day.
Remedy 11: Honey and sesame smoothie
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed (20 g)
- First, blend all the ingredients in the blender until you get one smooth mixture.
- Then, drink the smoothie straight away.
Remedy 12: Lime or lemon juice
Lime, like lemon, is a very good remedy for atherosclerosis. After all, its antioxidants reduce bad cholesterol and prevent the oxidation of good cholesterol. In addition, both of these citrus fruits also improve blood circulation.
Finally, if those benefits of eating these fruits weren’t enough, then you’d also like to know they also cleanse the liver. As you may know, your liver is responsible for metabolizing fat in the blood.
Don’t hesitate to drink lime or lemon juice several times a day. In addition, you can also season your meals (for example, salads) with any of these fruits.