12 Fun Ways to Reuse Plastic Bottles
Plastic bottles continue to have a strong impact on our environment, not only because they take a long time to decompose, but also because of their effect on natural resources.
While raising awareness has forced industries to change their manufacturing materials, plastic continues to be a problem for the environment. For this reason, people have looked for fun, creative ways to reuse and recycle plastic bottles. It’s a way to prevent them from reaching landfills or the habitat of countless plants and animals.
These ideas have spread to many parts of the world. They’ve become an eco-friendly trend that often gets people of all ages, even children, involved.
So, today we want to show you 12 fun ways to reuse your plastic bottles, so you can join in on the trend too. You’ll think twice before throwing them in the trash after you read this article!
Fun ways to reuse plastic bottles
Have you ever noticed the bottom of some bottles are in the shape of a flower? Well, why not get creative and make a cute curtain for your garden.
- Cut them carefully so you don’t break the shape. Then, hang them using sturdy string or fishing line.
2. Pet feeder
Using one or two plastic containers, you can make a unique dispenser for your pets or to feed stray animals.
- Cut the bottles as shown in the image above. Glue them together and fill them with food.
3. Piggy bank
This adorable little piggy bank project can help encourage your little ones to recycle these types of materials.
- You can use EVA rubber, paint and other similar materials.
4. Coin purse
For this fun craft project, you again take advantage of the flower shape at the bottom of plastic bottles.
Join two plastic bottoms with the help of a zipper closure to create a special coin purse.
- Carefully cut out the plastic flowers and attach the closure with a needle or fine glue.
- If you’d like, paint them with your favorite colors or decorate them with ribbons.
Maximum creativity! That’s all you need to turn plastic bottles into nice pots for your indoor plants.
You might like:
- Cut the bottles to the shape and size you like, and paint them with your favorite colors and designs.
- Remember to make small holes in the lower part to allow water to seep.
Although they’re not exactly baskets, large plastic containers or bottles are perfect for making multi-purpose containers.
- Cut the top of the container off and cover the edges with cloth tape.
- Make four small holes in the sides and tie ribbons or string to create the handles.
7. Pencil holder
Pencil holders are a useful accessory that never goes out of style. They’re great for keeping your desk or office organized.
- Cut the top of the plastic bottles off. Next, decorate with your favorite colors and designs. Store pens, pencils and other office supplies.
8. Magazine holder
Larger containers (like the ones household cleaners come in) can be easily transformed into magazine holders.
- Cut the nozzle and one of the container’s sides off.
- Store the books and magazines of your choice.
9. Toothbrush holder
This one is a bit complicated, but it makes for a great, compact toothbrush holder.
- Cut a plastic bottle top and bottom off.
- Make circular holes in the top, big enough to take the cap parts of other bottles and put them in the sides, just like this one.
- Then, put your toothbrushes and toothpaste in!
The neck of soda bottles and soft drinks can be used to make a handy toothbrush holder.
- Cut a plastic flower-shaped base. Then, attach to the top of another bottle.
- Finish by opening several holes and inserting the other bottle necks to add more brushes.
10. Multi-use organizersThere are dozens of fun ways to reuse plastic bottles as personalized organizers. In this case, we suggest containers for sewing materials or jewelry.
- Cut the bottles to the shape and size you prefer. Later, line the edges with tape or fabrics.
11. Vertical garden
Don’t have enough space to have plant a garden? Get creative with an unused wall.
How? Very simple!
- Attach several plastic bottles horizontally (as shown in the photo above) and use them as pots for small plants.
12. Bird feeder
Bottles in your garden make the perfect feeder for birds. Instead of affecting their environment with plastic trash, you’ll be attracting beautiful species to your outdoor space.
- Make several holes in the bottle and insert spoons or wooden rods.
- Store bird food and hang in your garden.
So, can you think of any more fun ways to reuse plastic bottles? In the end, remember that the best way to reduce your carbon footprint is to buy products with reusable packaging, but these simple ideas for reusing are a still a great way for you to contribute.