12 Fabulous Ideas to Decorate Your Room with Photographs
Decorating your room with photos will not only give it a unique and personal touch, but will also enable you to always have your loved ones close by.
Photos are a beautiful reminder of the most special moments we’ve lived. Fortunately, thanks to today’s technology, it’s much easier to get a hold of them.
How can I use my photos?
As we said, with the technology of today, applications like Instagram and Facebook have become fashionable and allow us to share all those experiences that we’ve compiled in photos or videos.
However, many of us prefer to opt for physical photographs.
Ideas to decorate your room
If we are photo lovers and would like to see them every day, it is a good idea to decorate our room or study with them.
However, beyond just putting up a picture, there are some awesome ideas that for sure you’ll love for exhibiting your favorite memories and giving your space a little touch of life.
1. “Hung” on a line on the wall
A good option is to have them above your bed so that you can see them better when you go into your room.
You can hang a line on the wall, and hang your photos on the line with clips: this will allow you to secure them to prevent them falling down.
2. A clock with your favorite photos
Another great idea is to bring together two things: your photos and a clock. You can make a really original clock using the photos as numbers.
- You just need a clock mechanism and 12 of your favorite photos.
- Stick them up with an adhesive that doesn’t damage the wall, and place the clock hands in the center. Done!
3. Personalize your jars and lids
You can buy jars with transparent lids and stick the photo to the edges. Inside you can place accessories like sand, sequins or little pearls.
This will give your photos a different touch and you can hang them up or put them on your desk.
4. Make a collage
Simple but beautiful. You can choose to make a collage of your photos and those of your family. Using black and white pictures can give it a spectacular touch!
Play with the size and direction of the pictures, until you create a general square that contains all your photos.
5. Hang your memories on a stick!
A very chic variant to hang up your photos is to use a tree branch or a wooden stick.
- Hang the stick on the wall and tie several strings to it so that they hang vertically.
- Then stick or clip the photos to them however you like best and you will have a hanging photo album.
6. A garland of photos
Continuing with the trend of hanging photos, a good option is to use some fairy lights as a string.
Hang them up along the whole wall and attach your photos to them.
This will give your room a touch of light and it is also perfect to light up your pictures.
7. Use a frame
You can also use a frame and paint it to give it a vintage touch or your own style.
- You can use nails to attach the strings to the frame, or you can stick or tie them.
- Once you have the right number of lines to fit your frame, hang up your photos using clips.
8. A column with your photographs
If you want to decorate an empty column, a very good idea is to fill it with photographs, according to the shape of the wall.
- To show your photos in a sophisticated way, we recommend you use pieces of wood and that you paint them the color you prefer.
- Then stick the photos onto the wood with glue for varnished surfaces and leave it to dry.
Your photos will have a shiny touch and be well attached.
9. A vertical board of your memories
You can use a long, vertical piece of wood and paint it or varnish it. Then you can use it to position your photos at different angles.
The vertical touch will make your room seem much bigger and more complete, so you can consider this option if you have a corner that’s “missing something”.
10. Make shapes with your photographs
Lately, it has really come into fashion to organize photos into a specific design. It could be the shape of a heart, a diamond, a triangle… Whatever you like!
This is a very beautiful design that would give a unique touch to your space.
11. A wooden plank as a photo frame?
Wood goes excellently with photos. You can use some pieces or planks and varnish them.
Stick them to the wall, attach some clothes pegs and then you can hang up your photos. It will look beautiful and very sophisticated.
12. A branch as a stand
The last idea is to place your photographs simulating the leaves of a branch. It looks beautiful and you can also add a garland of lights to complement it.
“Among the many way of fighting the emptiness, one of the best is to take photographs.”