10 Tricks So You Don’t Have to Wash Your Hair Every Day
If you wash your hair every day, it's not only tedious, but also damaging because it promotes the production of grease and ends up making your hair dirtier.
It may be necessary to wash your hair every day to keep it clean at all times. However, it takes a lot of time.
Also, preserving the pH of our scalp requires adequate hygiene.
However, it’s better not to wash your hair every day. After all, the sebaceous glands of people who wash their hair every day start to produce more grease.
So, if you want to combine health, practicality and hygiene, take note of these 10 tricks that will enable you to have perfect hair without washing it every day.
1. We are what we eat
The saying “we are what we eat” is truer than you may think, so if you want your hair to stay clean for longer, then it’s best to control your diet.
To this end, you should eliminate fatty foods, fried foods, sugar, white bread and canned products.
Instead, opt for foods that help to reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands:
- Dairy products
- Lean meat
Want to know more? Read: Why Should We Soak Nuts and Seeds?
2. Try dry shampoos
There are some highly recommended dry shampoos.
- To eliminate grease with dry shampoo, you need to split the hair into chunks and apply the dry shampoo to the roots, as if it were hairspray.
- If the shampoo is a powder like talcum, you need to apply it to the roots, wait for 10 minutes and then brush your hair.
- This way, you’ll create a layer around the greasy hair that will help your hair stay clean for longer.
3. Don’t wash your hair with very hot water
The temperature of the water we use to wash our hair is important when it comes to keeping the hair cleaner for longer.
It is advisable to wash your hair with tepid or cool water, but never hot water, because it increases the quantity of sebum that the scalp produces.
Also, dry your hair naturally, not with a hair dryer.
4. Braid your hair
- If you have dirty hair and you don’t have time to wash it at that moment, braid it.
- This will hide the greasy roots of the hair. The thicker the braid, the better.
- The best option is to avoid making the braid very smooth: this will help to hide the fact that your hair isn’t clean.
5. Change your part
Make your part on the opposite side from where you usually have it.
Think of it like this: if your hair is used to a certain position, it gets dirtier precisely in the area where it is used to having the parting.
With something as simple as changing your part, you can achieve greater volume and a cleaner appearance.
6. Wash your hairbrush regularly
The most advisable thing is to wash the hairbrush or comb you usually use to brush your hair at least once a week.
If not, the remains of the sebum, conditioner or other products that may remain on the brush will get into your hair even if it is clean.
- To avoid this, all you need to do is take your brushes and combs and rinse them once a week with tepid water and shampoo or soap.
7. Brush your hair before you go to sleep
A good trick to keep your hair clean for longer is to brush it before going to sleep.
- Put your hair backwards so that it lies along the top of your pillow, and make a ponytail or loose braid.
Read also: 3 Ways to Encourage Good Hair Growth
8. Avoid straight hairstyles
If you have greasy hair, a straight hairstyle will make it look dirtier and greasier.
To avoid this, the best option is to brush the roots a bit to achieve greater volume and put your hair in a bun.
9. Learn to wash your hair
It’s no good to wash your hair any old way. To achieve better results, there is a certain technique you should bear in mind:
- When you wash it, don’t scratch your scalp. Instead, use your fingertips to rub it gently.
- Don’t put conditioner on the roots, only from the half way down to the ends.
- Wring your hair out well once you’ve finished, before removing excess moisture with a towel.