10 Remedies to Control Intestinal Gas
Suffering from intestinal gas is something normal yet annoying. It tends to be located in your abdomen which makes you feel bloated and in pain. It is caused by gas that stays trapped in the folds of the colon.
Various studies say that gas is basically caused by poor dietary habits, which leave an excess of very unhealthy air in your body. Therefore, we want to give you some simple remedies to relieve you during these annoying times of the days. We also recommend that you try to maintain a balanced diet that doesn’t lack at least two liters a day of water consumption, as well as consume prebiotics, which help you keep your intestinal flora in good health by boosting proper digestion.
Main Causes of Gas
- Eating certain foods like green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, carbonated beverages, onions…
- Possible lactose intolerance.
- Eating too much, causing undigested food to turn into gas.
- Improper chewing of food: the undigested pieces take longer to ferment.
- Eating with your mouth open, chewing too much gum, drinking carbonated beverages, and even smoking.
- Some medications: laxatives, tranquilizers, or cholesterol reducers.
- Anxiety and stress.
10 Remedies for Intestinal Gas
- Papaya and pineapple
Eating these fresh fruits after every meal will help you be able to use essential enzymes to carry out proper digestion by preventing gas. You can make a juice or a tasty salad by combining them both.
2. Ginger: Simply ideal. Make a ginger tea with its root or eat it in small quantities in your meals. It is undoubtedly a huge help for boosting your digestion and preventing annoying gas. Another possibility, for example, is to eat a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger before every meal.
3. Apple cider vinegar. Another remedy that is hugely effective and recommended by doctors. Just dilute two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it during meals or immediately after them. It will help you digest and prevent flatulence.
4. Dandelion. A common and easily accessible herb for everyone, dandelion has incredible health benefits in its small leaves, with one of them being gas relief. You can consume it in an infusion or put it in your meals as an extra spice.
5. Cinnamon tea.
In general, drinking herbal teas like chamomile, cinnamon, or clove will help eliminate bacteria that causes food to decay by boosting your intestine’s movement. Drink them when you feel pain or discomfort.
6. Green anise. It will help you prevent gas as well as alleviate it when you are suffering from it. To do this, crush 2 teaspoons of anise seeds and boil them in a cup of water. When it is boiling, let stand for a few minutes. You can drink a cup before your main meal to prevent it or eat it when you are gassy.
7. Hot water rag. When you start to feel discomfort in your stomach or bloating in your abdomen, you can also use this simple remedy: a cloth with warm water. Put it on your stomach so it relaxes and gas is reduced.
8. Lemon juice. Lemon properties are very beneficial for many aspects and thanks to its acids, for example, it is more than ideal for intestinal gas. Therefore, you can drink a little bit of lemon juice in the morning just after you wake up to cleanse and after lunch.
9. Garlic. Garlic is an excellent ally for many aspects of your health. Its properties for improving digestion and reducing gas are very well-known. A very good remedy is to mince a garlic clove with a little bit of black pepper and some cilantro seeds. Boil two cups of water with these ingredients and drink it in two doses divided throughout the day.
10. Coconut water.
Apart from being refreshing and delicious, coconut water has various secrets in its composition that make it perfect for reducing gas and improving digestion. You can drink a glass in the afternoon because according to many nutritionists, it is precisely right after you eat lunch and in the mid afternoon when you start to feel the presence of annoying gas.