The benefits of eggplants for your health are countless.
Thanks to their high water content, their very low in calories. This makes them the ideal vegetable to add to a weight loss diet. They also improve your circulation and are an excellent antioxidant.
In today’s article, we want to tell you some of the most important things you should know about eggplants, along with why you should add them to your diet.
The Amazing Benefits of Eggplants
1. They protect your cardiovascular system
Because this vegetable is rich in potassium, it helps maintain a stable heart rate.
Eggplants also contain flavonoids, which reduce the levels of bad cholesterol and stimulate the increase of good cholesterol.
Both of these properties are very important for reducing your risk of heart disease.
See also: 7 tips to have a healthy heart
2. They fight free radicalsBecause they’re an excellent antioxidant, eggplants are a real asset when it comes to fighting free radicals.
They protect your cells by delaying the aging process.
They also work as a cleansing agent, helping eliminate a large amount of toxins.
3. They improve your brain function
The phytonutrients in eggplants are beneficial for your cognitive system and mental health.
They keep your brain free from toxins and increase the flow of blood to the brain, which stimulates better memory and analytical capacity.
4. They help you lose weightEggplants contain lots of soluble fiber, which helps balance your digestive system.
They’re low in calories, and, as we said above, are made up mostly of water, which makes it satisfying and helps you feel full for longer.
5. They prevent anemia
One of the main causes of anemia is a lack of iron in the blood. The iron that is found in eggplant is more than enough to avoid and treat anemia.
Similarly, iron plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells, which help metabolize proteins.
6. They improve your vision
Because eggplant contains anthocyanin (a soluble compound that helps improve the central nervous system), it’s recommended to maintain healthy vision and prevent the formation of cataracts.
7. They improve bone health
Eggplants contain phenolic compounds that help you achieve stronger bones and reduce your risk of suffering from osteoporosis.
As mentioned above, they’re rich in iron and calcium, which are essential for keeping your bones healthy.
8. They’re great for healthy hairPlus, thanks to they’re vitamin B3 content, eggplants helps stimulate hair growth.
It’s also loaded with vitamin A. This promotes the production of sebum, helping to hydrate your hair and prevent hair loss.
9. They fight fluid retention
Fluid retention is caused by a variety of factors, such as menstruation, menopause, pregnancy, and kidney or heart disease, among others.
It’s a good idea to drink eggplant water. This is an amazing diuretic and helps your body eliminate the retained fluids.
Fluid retention might also be causing you to look and feel overweight. Thus, if you’re trying to lose a few pounds, you should add eggplant water to your daily routine.
We recommend you read: 5 signs of fluid retention
10. They treat burns
In addition, if you have a burn on your skin, you can use a paste made out of eggplant pulp.
Believe it or not, it contains healing and soothing properties that ease pain and soften your skin.
Daily consumption of eggplants benefits your health
As you’ve seen in this article, this vegetable contains a lot of essential nutrients that protect your body. To benefit the most, here is one of the easiest and practical ways to consume this food:
- A medium eggplant (160 g)
- 1 liter of water
- A lemon (100 g)
- First, wash the eggplant and slice it.
- Then, squeeze the lemon juice.
- Bring the liter of water to a boil and add the eggplant slices.
- Allow this to cook for 25 minutes until the eggplant is soft.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for an hour.
- Pour the liquid through a strainer and store it in a dark glass container.
- Then, stir in the lemon juice.
- This eggplant water is great to drink throughout the day.