10 Fruits that Help Fight Signs of Aging
Do you want to maintain young, healthy skin? Learn about 10 fruits that naturally help fight the signs of aging.
We all know how important it is to have healthy, radiant skin.
However, your skin loses elasticity with time. In addition, you may start to notice the appearance of small spots as the years pass.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of 10 fruits that will help you fight signs of aging and keep your skin looking youthful and healthy.
This family of fruit includes strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
Berries will help keep your skin healthy with their high levels of antioxidants and vitamin C.
This means when you eat them, you’ll be maintaining collagen in your skin and thus helping keep it blemish-free.
However, eating berries doesn’t just help you out with signs of aging. In addition, they’re low-fat, so they’ll help you lose weight at the same time.
Pomegranates help your body regenerate your skin, layer by layer. Overall, they literally renew your skin.
They also contain riboflavin, or vitamin B2. This is essential for energy production and for keeping your skin, nails, hair, and cornea healthy.
Avocados are an incredible source of vitamins E and B complex. As you can imagine, both of these are vital for soft, flexible skin.
As if that weren’t enough, they also help you absorb nutrients. So if you eat avocados, you’ll be able to take advantage of the nutrition in other foods too.
If you really want to fight signs of aging, you should include kiwi in your diet. This fruit provides a great amount of antioxidants that will help you:
- Keep your skin healthy.
- Prevent wrinkles.
- Improve your skin’s thickness, elasticity, and firmness.
- Produce collagen.
Watermelon is made up of a large percentage of water, which translates into hydrated, moisturized, and nourished skin.
Eating watermelon will help prevent your skin from discoloration and spots associated with aging.
Bananas contain a lot of vitamin B6 and vitamin C, which help keep your skin youthful and elastic.
In addition, the high amounts of antioxidants and magnesium in bananas protect your body from the damage caused by free radicals that lead to premature skin aging.
Among the many benefits apples provide for your skin, two stand out: they encourage the hydration and detoxification of your skin.
In addition, they also will help you look younger, thanks to their high levels of vitamin E.
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent option for keeping wrinkles in line, since it helps keep your skin pH levels balanced. This is fundamental to fighting signs of aging.
To take advantage of these benefits, you can have an apple a day or take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a cup of water.
This tasty fruit helps postpone signs of aging while simultaneously providing you a ton of vitamins and minerals that are vital for skin health.
- First of all, beta-carotene helps rejuvenate your skin and give it a natural glow.
- Their high vitamin A content diminishes the appearance of scars and marks on your skin.
- In addition, mangos help fight blackheads and pimples.
- Finally, mango peel can get rid of spots that form on your skin from sun exposure.
To take advantage of the benefits of mango peel, all you need to do is let it dry, grind it into a powder, and mix it with Greek yogurt. Apply the mask and let sit for 30 minutes.
Whether you eat it or apply it directly to your skin, papaya will do wonders due to its vitamin A, E, and C.
- First, its vitamin A helps get rid of dead skin cells as well as break down inactive proteins.
- Then, vitamin E is essential for its antioxidant, rejuvenating, and protective effects, especially against the free radicals that cause aging.
- Finally, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that prevents cell DNA damage and improves collagen synthesis, making your skin absorb it better.
We recommend reading: 6 Papaya Smoothies You Can’t Miss
We’ve mentioned before how good wine is for you.
However, you should know that the same benefits can be found in grapes.
Here are a few:
- Grapes have anti-aging powers due to their antioxidants and vitamin C. They protect your skin from the effects of free radicals and the appearance of wrinkles and spots.
- They have high levels of resveratrol, which helps renew your skin.
Having healthy skin doesn’t have to be that hard. A good diet will help you fight signs of aging and make you look beautiful without spending a fortune on beauty treatments.
Our recommendation is that you try to try several of these fruits and always pick the ones that are in season.