The abdominal area is a part of the body that a lot of people focus on through diet and exercise for their health and beauty.
Unfortunately for most people, this is also the region where those “rolls” of fat tend to accumulate, making you lose your perfect figure and increasing your risk for heart disease.
The good news is that there are some specific exercises to trim this region, along with particular foods whose nutritional benefits will burn fat more quickly.
While you do need to make modifications to your diet, it’s a good idea to remember the foods that will help speed up the process to get you better results in no time.
In today’s article we want to share the 10 top foods that you can consume more often to get rid of that belly fat. Don’t miss out!
1. CeleryThis low calorie vegetable is a natural source of fiber that increases your feeling of fullness and helps control cravings for food.
Celery also contains calcium, a mineral that’s involved in the detection and removal of harmful fats that build up in the body.
See also: How to use celery to lose weight
Certain types of fish contain protein and omega-3 fatty acids that increase your physical stamina and encourage your body to burn more calories through exercise.
These healthy fats clean up an excess of harmful lipids in the body and also lower your body fat.
3. Olive oilThis is another source of healthy fats that can be very beneficial to your body. Olive oil contains a significant content of antioxidants, particularly vitamins E and C, which are involved in reducing cortisol levels, also known as the stress hormone.
The nutritional value of olive oil supports the elimination of harmful fats from your body and promotes better cardiovascular system function.
Almonds contain protein, calcium, and fiber. They’re an important source of energy, great for enhancing both physical and mental performance.
The glycemic index of almonds helps regulate blood sugar levels and also boosts your metabolism.
Considered one of the most complete cereals, oats are a natural source of fiber and antioxidants that help support weight loss.
They improve digestion, give you a feeling of fullness, and assist in lowering cholesterol levels.
6. BerriesRaspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and the like contain fiber, water, and antioxidants – important elements that support good metabolic function for burning fat. More than that, the anthocyanins in berries help prevent the accumulation of fat and sugar in the body.
7. Green tea
This is one of the best beverage choices you can make if you’re trying to burn abdominal fat. Green tea regulates blood sugar levels, lowers blood pressure, and the high antioxidant content helps prevent the onset of premature aging.
Thanks to polyphenols, drinking green tea supports the regulation of cortisol and keeps you from overeating.
We recommend you read 10 surprising benefits of green tea
8. BroccoliThe calcium, fiber, and vitamins in broccoli are easily absorbed by the body to prevent fats from building up.
Broccoli contains a lot of vitamin C, whose antiviral action helps strengthen your immune system to prevent disease.
In addition to this, broccoli’s high fiber content increases your feeling of fullness and improves digestion for proper waste elimination.
The world’s most popular citrus fruit is also a great way to eliminate body fat. The peel contains a particular type of fiber known as pectin, which fights constipation and helps control blood sugar levels.
Lemon juice contains vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and other nutrients that are also effective in reducing weight.
10. QuinoaThis is a great way to burn fat thanks to its low caloric intake. Each cup of quinoa can pack up to five grams of fiber, helping it gain renown as a “superfood” for healthy digestion and reduction of abdominal fat.
Quinoa contains protein, antioxidants, and other nutrients including iron, zinc, selenium, and vitamin E. You can enhance its many benefits by pairing quinoa with nuts, vegetables, and lean meats.
Are you already consuming these foods on a regular basis? If not, don’t hesitate to pick them up the next time you go to the grocery store!
By adding them to your diet along with at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, you’ll soon achieve a slim and trim abdomen.