Soursop is a tropical fruit rich in vitamins (C, B1 and B2) and minerals (magnesium, potassium, copper and iron) that strengthen our body.
It’s also notable for its high fiber content, which accelerates the digestive process.
It’s not a common plant, but it’s delicious and ideal to use to make a variety of juices and drinks.
In addition to its flavor, when you consume it you’ll enjoy the variety of benefits it has for your health.
1. It prevents cancer
It’s proven that soursop juice helps prevent cancer and any other malignant tumor.
Moreover, it’s one of the few natural remedies that have been effective in preventing all types of cancer – especially breast, colon, prostate, and lung cancer.
- Soursop juice offers antioxidant action for the body as it helps eliminate toxins that cause chronic diseases like cancer.
- For this reason it is recommended to take soursop juice as a natural therapy that accompanies medical procedures in patients with cancer.
2. Soursop juice is ideal for losing weight
This fruit helps with weight loss because it contains few calories. Each 100 grams of this fruit contains only 65 calories.
So, a juice made from this fruit can help you lose weight.
- 1 ripe guanabana
- 1 ½ cup of milk, evaporated milk or water (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (4.7 g) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (14.3 g) (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger (2.4 g) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (optional)
- Peel the fruit and place it in a bowl with the milk.
- Squeeze the fruit with your hands so that the juice mixes with the milk. (The dough between the hands must be removed).
- If you find this too complicated you can do it with a blender, but then you have to strain the juice to remove the seeds and the fibrous part of the fruit.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to taste.
- Soursop juice is richer if you drink it cold or with ice.
3. It protects your organs and slows down aging
Soursop helps to prevent nerve damage and maintain a healthy heart.
- Thanks to its high vitamin B1 content this fruit can speed up your metabolism, which helps to have proper blood circulation and blood pressure.
- In addition, it vitamin B2 content is necessary for producing body energy, making the nervous system function and maintaining the heart.
- Its large amounts of vitamin C make it an excellent antioxidant. Thus, it helps to increase the resistance of the body and slows down the aging process.
4. Soursop prevents the flu
Thanks to its contribution of vitamin C mentioned above soursop also helps to prevent and to counter the flu and the common cold.
This also has a positive impact on strengthening the immune system, as it increases your defenses to help them deal with viruses and bacteria.
Moreover, its nutritional properties allow your body to stay healthy.
5. It strengthens your bones and prevents osteoporosis
Thanks to its contributions of phosphorus and calcium this fruit is ideal for ensuring adequate bone and dental health.
It’s highly recommended for women going through menopause, as it’s an excellent way to protect bones from the density less they suffer from estrogen depletion.
6. Soursop takes care of your liver
Regularly eating this fruit is a healthy way to support the functions of both the liver and the gallbladder.
Its richness in antioxidants favors the purification of the former organ and helps in the digestion process of fats so that the liver works in perfect conditions.
7. It’s a healthy choice for people with diabetes
The sugars that are present in this fruit are easy to metabolize, and their compounds help combat and stabilize blood glucose spikes.
Unsweetened soursop juice is a very natural choice for people with diabetes. This drink will provide the necessary calories without altering sugar levels.
8. Soursop regulates intestinal transit
Because of its natural fiber content, soursop juice fights against constipation.
On the other hand, it’s also useful to restore and take care of our intestinal flora, so that it optimizes your digestive system.
9. It helps you fall asleep
Many people who suffer from insomnia are advised to consume soursop to combat sleep disorders. This is because this fruit helps you get a peaceful and restful sleep.
It’s also advised for anxious or stressed people as it contains nutrients that act on the nervous system. Furthermore, it works as a natural sedative that will allow you to relax before going to bed.
10. Soursop increases energy
To avoid having to resort to commercial energy boosters and rich in stimulant compounds, it’s worth bearing in mind that soursop can be a healthier source of energy.
This is due to its significant contribution of fructose, a natural sugar which fruits contain, which can also activate the body both physically and mentally.
We advise consuming it at breakfast to start your day with energy.