10 Benefits of Drinking Soursop Juice
Have you ever tried soursop? If not, here are 10 reasons why you should!
Soursop is a tropical fruit rich in vitamins and minerals that strengthen our body. Namely, these vitamins and minerals are Vitamins C, B1, and B2 and magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron. Drinking soursop juice is one of the best ways to enjoy the benefits of the fruit.
It’s also notable for its high fiber content, which accelerates the digestive process. This makes drinking soursop juice a good option for a variety of conditions.
It may not be easy for you to find this fruit in stores, but it’s delicious and works great in a variety of juices and drinks.
In addition to its great flavor, when you eat or drink it, you’ll also get loads of health benefits.
1. It may have properties that help against cancer
It’s proven that drinking soursop juice may help you reduce your risk for cancer or any other malignant tumor.
Moreover, it’s one of the few natural remedies that have preventative characteristics for a wide variety of cancers – especially breast, colon, prostate, and lung cancer.
- Drinking soursop juice offers antioxidant effects for the body as it helps eliminate toxins that cause chronic diseases like cancer.
- For this reason, some experts recommend that patients with cancer take soursop juice as a natural companion to other treatments.
2. Drinking soursop juice is great for losing weight
This fruit helps with weight loss because it contains few calories. 100 grams of this fruit amount to only 65 calories.
It’s one of the best fruit juices to drink if your goal is to lose weight.
- 1 ripe soursop
- One and a half cup of milk, evaporated milk, or water (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (4.7 g) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (14.3 g) (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger (2.4 g) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (optional)
- Peel the fruit and place it in a bowl with the milk.
- Squeeze the fruit with your hands and mix the juice in with the milk. Remove the pulp from your hands once done.
- If you find this to be difficult, you can do it with a blender. However, if you use a blender, you will have to strain the juice to remove the seeds and the fibrous pulp.
- After that, add the remaining ingredients to taste.
- Soursop juice usually tastes better if you drink it cold or with ice.
3. It protects your organs and slows down aging
Drinking soursop juice helps to prevent nerve damage and maintain a healthy heart.
- Thanks to its high Vitamin B1 content, this fruit can speed up your metabolism, which helps improve your blood circulation and blood pressure.
- In addition, its Vitamin B2 content is necessary for giving you energy, making the nervous system function smoothly, and maintaining heart health.
- Its large amounts of Vitamin C make it an excellent antioxidant. With this nutrient, it helps to increase the resistance of the body to diseases and slows down aging process.
4. Drinking soursop juice can protect you from the flu
Thanks to the high level of Vitamin C that was mentioned above, soursop also helps prevent and counter the flu and the common cold.
Vitamin C has a positive impact on strengthening the immune system in general. It increases your defenses to help your immune system deal with viruses and bacteria.
Moreover, its nutritional properties allow your body to stay healthy.
5. It toughens your bones and reduces the risk of osteoporosis
Thanks to its phosphorus and calcium this fruit is ideal for promoting bone and dental health.
Experts strongly recommend it for women going through menopause, as it’s an excellent way to protect bones from the loss of density they suffer from estrogen depletion.
6. Drinking soursop juice is good for your liver
Eating this fruit regularly is an easy way to support the functions of both the liver and the gallbladder.
It’s rich in antioxidants. This drives purification of the liver. It also helps it break down fast so that it can stay in good shape.
7. It’s a healthy choice for people with diabetes
The sugars present in this fruit are easy to metabolize and their compounds can help stabilize blood glucose spikes.
Unsweetened soursop juice is a natural choice for people with diabetes. This drink will provide the necessary calories without altering sugar levels.
8. Soursop regulates intestinal transit
Because of its natural fiber content, soursop juice is a potent weapon against constipation.
On the other hand, it’s also useful for restoring and taking care of your intestinal flora. That leads to the optimization of your digestive system.
9. It helps when you can’t get to sleep
Many people who suffer from insomnia are advised to consume soursop to combat sleep disorders. This fruit is known to help people get a peaceful and restful sleep.
Experts also recommend it for people who tend to suffer from chronic anxiety or stress. It contains nutrients that act on the nervous system. Furthermore, it works as a natural sedative that will allow you to relax before going to bed.
Stressed? Take a look at:
10. Soursop increases energy
To avoid having to resort to commercial energy boosters with unhealthy ingredients, it’s worth bearing in mind that soursop can be a healthier source of energy.
This is due to its significant quantities of fructose, a natural sugar that you can get from fruits, which can also activate the body both physically and mentally.
We advise drinking soursop juice for breakfast to get an energetic start to your day.