10 Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water
Coconut water is a refreshing and energizing beverage that’s become popular around the world, thanks to its high content of nutrients and benefits for your health.
Sourced from green coconuts, this is a 100% natural drink that’s made up of 95% water, antioxidants, sugars, and minerals.
It shouldn’t be confused with coconut milk, which has a different nutritional composition and also requires processing before it can be consumed.
And in spite of coconut water’s content of essential fatty acids and amino acids, it’s low in calories and is a healthy way to hydrate your body.
As you might not know about its many wonderful properties, today we’ve put together the top 10 reason to drink coconut water on a regular basis.
Find out what they are!
1. It fights fluid retention
Thanks to the high content of essential minerals, particularly potassium, coconut water is a natural way to fight fluid retention in tissues.
- Its nutrients support healthy kidney function, reduce sodium levels, and increase your production of urine.
- In other words, this beverage is a natural diuretic that helps fight inflammation and other problems that are associated with fluid retention.
2. It cleanses your kidneys
The electrolytes in coconut water not only help balance out your body’s mineral salt levels but also cleanse your kidneys.
- These compounds stimulate the removal of heavy metals and toxins. This helps you avoid problems such as kidney stones or decreased kidney function.
3. It controls high blood pressure
Thanks to the potassium, magnesium, and zinc content, this delicious beverage is also a great treatment for people with high blood pressure.
- The essential minerals stimulate the removal of sodium while improving the elasticity of your arteries and stimulating circulation.
4. It’s a good source of energy
Thanks to the essential fatty acids, protein, and carbohydrates that are easy to break down, coconut water is an energizing beverage that improves the health of your muscles as well as your brain.
- It helps control muscle tension and promotes the proper function of the nervous system.
- It’s also recommended as a sports drink because the natural electrolytes help you recover nutrients that were lost during exercise.
5. It improves digestion
Coconut water contains fiber and antioxidants that help resolve digestive problems like constipation and parasites.
- These compounds improve your body’s absorption of nutrients, increasing the presence of bioactive enzymes.
- Such substances facilitate the removal of any waste products left in the intestines whole regulating the pH of your stomach.
- For cases of acid reflux or dyspepsia, coconut water works great.
6. It stabilizes acid levels
Excess acid levels in the body can be related to inflammation and a wide variety of chronic disorders that affect your quality of life.
- Coconut water is a beverage that stimulates the balance of your body’s pH, naturally alkalizing the blood to avoid these kinds of problems.
7. It improves circulation
Coconut water contains essential nutrients that are excellent for your heart. They can help eliminate excessive cholesterol levels and other substances that negatively affect the arteries.
- Essential fatty acids, in addition to antioxidants, help cleanse veins and improve circulation to reduce your risk of chronic cardiovascular disease.
8. It prevents infections
The essential nutrients found in this natural beverage help improve your body’s immune response when viruses or bacteria are present.
Furthermore, regular consumption of coconut water helps destroy microorganisms and fungi by altering the environment they need to proliferate.
9. It controls blood sugar levels
Even though coconut water contains natural sugars, it’s a great way to regulate your blood sugar levels.
- It actually increases your body’s ability to metabolize sugars into energy and decreases high blood sugar levels.
We recommend reading: 6 signs of high blood sugar
10. It prevents premature aging
The cytokinins contained in this natural beverage help fight the processes of aging and improve cellular activity.
These plant substances, in addition to vitamin E and essential fatty acids, create a protective barrier against the damage associated with free radicals. This reduces your risk of aging in the skin as well as your organs.
As you can see, there are many benefits you’ll receive when you hydrate yourself with this delicious beverage.
To conclude, try drinking coconut water several times a week and discover a new way to stay healthy.