Leek Remedy to Remove Toxins and Lose Weight
This simple leek remedy will help complement your regular weight loss program while promoting your body’s natural detox. It’s amazing.
The plant we’re going to talk about today has a much milder flavor than onions and it’s a great addition to many of your daily recipes. But if there were something that leeks should really be known for, it’s their ability to eliminate toxins.
Something else you might not know is that leeks have been used to promote women’s health for centuries.
Indeed, there are records from ancient Greece and Rome explaining how leeks could improve fertility and promote heart health in women while also fighting shortness of breath and fatigue.
Where this article is concerned, we want to share how you can prepare a cleanse for toxins and promote healthy weight loss.
No doubt you’ll find this information very helpful.
Leeks to help care for your health
Leeks belong to the Allicaeae family, a group of plants that grow from bulbs just like garlic and onions. They are characterized by a much sweeter flavor than those two cousins, however, and this gives them a lot more versatility in the kitchen.
Discover the healing benefits of garlic juice
On this blog we often talk about the benefits of eating carrots, beets, garlic, and lemons…it’s time we add one additional and exceptional vegetable to the recommendations for the following reasons:
Leeks, a great source of nutrients
- Leeks contain lots of antioxidants, flavonoids that fight inflammation and the effects of free radicals.
- In addition, don’t forget that leeks are one of the most unique sources of vitamins A and C, excellent for helping cleanse your body, fight inflammation, and restore your body’s pH balance.
- Something you might find interesting is that leeks have very few calories, making them a great option when you’re trying to lose weight (about 100 grams of the fresh stems contains only 61 calories).
- Leeks have very high amounts of both soluble and insoluble fiber. If you eat them on a regular basis it can help fight constipation.
- In sum, this unassuming vegetable is a rich source of vitamins and minerals like zinc, iron, potassium, and magnesium – all of which are essential for your health.
- Lastly, they’re very high in folic acid, making them especially useful if you’re pregnant.
Leeks are natural antibiotics
- Leeks don’t contain as much allicin as garlic does, but they’re still a powerful natural antibiotic source.
- Studies performed in the lab have confirmed that thanks to the levels of allicin contained in garlic and leeks, you avoid the buildup of cholesterol in the bloodstream by inhibiting certain enzymes that accumulate in your liver. They’re very healthy for you.
Promoting heart health
This simple remedy made with leeks will help care for your cardiovascular health. Regular consumption of leeks promotes the release of nitric oxide (NO) through your blood vessel walls.
The result is the optimization of your circulation and reduced formation of blood clots.
Discover how to grow onions at home
Leeks as a cleanse for the body
Leeks contain a large proportion of water, meaning they are diuretic and help eliminate toxins. In fact, this plant is perhaps most well known thanks to its purifying powers.
It’s definitely worth remembering.
Preparing your leek remedy
- 3 leeks
- 1 liter of water
- The juice from 1 lemon
- For this detox and slimming treatment you’ll need three fairly large stalks of leeks and one lemon. If you’ve ever prepared a detox using artichokes, this one is very similar.
- The firs thing you do is fill a pot with a liter of water and bring it to a boil. Open the three leeks and add them to the water to cook for a few minutes.
- Once they’re ready, remove the pot from heat and reserve the cooking water.
- Store your leek water in a glass bottle and add the lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, the leftover cooked leeks can be used to prepare a delicious soup, for example.
Also read: 4 soups to eliminate toxins
How to take your leek remedy
- Drink the first cup of liquid on an empty stomach when you get up in the morning. It’s a good idea to consume it while it’s lukewarm. This helps speed up your metabolism and compounds the cleansing properties of this natural beverage.
- You should drink a second cup 15 minutes before lunchtime.
- Try to remember to drink a third cup around mid-afternoon and finish the last one 15 minutes before you have dinner.
You can follow this cleansing, weight loss diet for 10 days. Try to complement it with a low-fat diet and some exercise. You’ll be able to see the results and your health will thank you.