Sex and relationships
How to Care for Your Hair Before Bedtime
Most of us take care of our hair during the day when it’s most exposed to different factors that can weaken and damage it.
But nighttime hair care is the best way to counter any damaging effects while providing nutrients, and giving it time to repair itself. There are many different treatments and recommendations that can help you care for your hair before you go to bed so you can take advantage of many hours of rest for regeneration.
Why care for your hair at night?
A nighttime beauty routine usually includes relaxation techniques for the body and skin.
Rarely, however, do we pay attention to our hair, believing hair care should take place at some other time of day.
The reality is that when you pamper your hair before going to bed you get some beauty advantages that are worth remembering:
- Nighttime hair treatments have more time to act once they’ve been applied.
- They’re a great option for people who don’t have a lot of extra time during the day to care for their hair, and the next morning it will look amazing.
- They remove impurities absorbed during the day, leaving your hair clean and silky.
- They help repair damage and avoid problems like hair loss, dryness, and split ends.
See also: How to make your hair grow faster
What nighttime treatments can you apply to your hair?
At night, the hair fiber is better able to absorb nutrients, so this is an excellent time to pamper it.
Hydrating hair mask
After exposure to dust and pollutants, there’s nothing better than a good moisturizing mask to nourish and repair your hair.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (25 g)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Mash the pulp of the avocado and mix in a tablespoon of coconut oil until it forms a paste.
- Moisten your hair and apply this treatment. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and wait about two hours before going to bed.
A natural exfoliant
Like your skin, your hair and scalp also need a good exfoliation to remove dead cells and all the impurities that build up over time.
Although you shouldn’t use this treatment every day, it’s a good idea to have it on hand around once a week.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (28 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (25 g)
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together and apply it to your hair using a gentle massage to ensure the nutrients penetrate well.
- Rinse your hair and let it dry before going to bed.
Visit this article 8 exfoliating masks with homemade ingredients
Serums and sprays
These products are usually available in stores. There are a variety of brands in all different price ranges and formulations.
At home, however, you can make your own hair serum by taking advantage of the incredible benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- 6 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- 1 spray bottle
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar in water and pour it into the spray bottle.
- Spray this mixture all over your hair before going to bed and leave it on throughout the night.
Additional tips to consider
- Before applying any hair treatment product be sure to thoroughly untangle your hair to facilitate oxygenation of the cells.
- If you’re using products that are oily, it’s best to avoid applying them to your scalp because it could cause discomfort in the morning.
- Avoid going to sleep with very wet hair, which can cause it to tangle and become more fragile.
- A good way to avoid tangled hair at night is to put it into a loose hairdo, like a braid.
- To keep your pillow from getting wet with your treatment of choice, you can cover it with a towel. Avoid wrapping your hair because not only can it be uncomfortable, this can also cause it to smell bad.