How to Erase Pimples on Your Arms
Small red bumps on the arms are very common during puberty, but can also appear during adulthood.
This problem, which is mostly just an aesthetic annoyance, can be caused by different factors and is a skin disorder that causes small red bumps or pimples to form.
Although red bumps or pimples on your arms don’t pose a risk to your health as many other skin disorders, in this article we’ll discuss ways to reduce their appearance so you can look forward to wearing sleeveless tops and dresses during the warmer weather of summertime.
What causes pimples on your arms?
These small bumps appear where you have hair follicles that become blocked by oil. Oil production increases with a shift in your body’s hormone levels.
That, along with a few other factors, causes these pimples to form.
If these little bumps on the arms aren’t eliminated by treatments designed specifically for them, you might just be suffering from a condition known as keratosis pilaris or goosebumps.
This disorder causes the buildup of a protein known as keratin, which can form hard plugs inside the hair follicles, causing inflammation that looks similar to pimples.
This is a common problem for people who suffer from dry skin, or have atopic dermatitis (eczema), which seems to be hereditary.
In any case, it’s best to talk with your dermatologist to identify the proper course of treatment and prevent this problem from worsening.
Please read: Green Tea Remedy to Eliminate Acne
What causes the appearance of pimples on your arms?
These common bumps almost always appear on the arms due to hormonal changes that girls and women go through from puberty on – they can also affect men.
But it’s thought that the kind of food you eat can also influence this factor, while no scientific evidence supports this theory yet.
Whatever the cause, there are some natural treatments available to help get rid of them so you don’t have to resort to using chemical products that can damage your skin. Let’s find out what they are!
Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells that build up on the surface of your skin, causing oil to collect and form those tiny pimples.
You can make a natural exfoliant at home using healthy ingredients that will help fight this problem.
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- Mix all ingredients until they form a paste, and apply to the affected area using a gentle massage. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes have passed, rinse with cold water and apply an oil free moisturizer.
Water and salt
Salt is an ingredient that helps reduce excess oil that accumulates in different parts of the skin.
- ½ cup of sea salt or coarse salt (125 g)
- Hot water
- Pour half a cup of sea salt or coarse salts into a bowl of hot water and immerse your arms for 10 minutes.
- The water should be as hot as possible to help open up your pores and facilitate removal of the sebum buildup.
Oat, salt, and honey scrub
This natural treatment helps soften, exfoliate, and moisturize the skin while contributing to the removal of those annoying clusters of bumps.
- 3 tablespoons of ground oats (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- Mix all the ingredients together and moisten them with enough water to form a paste. Apply to the affected areas using gentle circular movements and let sit for 15 minutes.
- For the best results you should repeat this treatment at least three times a week.
Green or pink clay
This natural product has numerous beauty benefits, but it can also be used to fight those pesky and unsightly pimples on the arms.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of green or pink clay powder or paste
- If needed, moisten the clay until it forms a paste and apply an even coating to all affected areas of the arms.
- The most you should use this treatment is twice a week, because overuse can strip your skin of its natural oils.