Is Drinking Warm Lemon Water in the Morning Good for You?
A lot of people drink a cup of coffee for breakfast when they wake up. However, drinking warm lemon water has a lot of benefits, especially during the winter. This excellent substitute for caffeine is easily prepared: the juice from half a lemon in a cup of warm water.
Internal Advantages of Drinking Lemon Water
Drinking warm water with lemon on an empty stomach is good for your body. Some of its most important benefits are:
- – It boosts your immune system. This is because lemon is rich in Vitamin C and helps fight colds. It is also a source of potassium, which stimulates nervous system and brain functions. It controls blood pressure as well.
- – It balances pH. It reduces acidity in the body as lemon is one of the most alkaline foods that exists. Even though it’s a citrus fruit, it doesn’t create acidity.
- – It helps you lose weight. Lemon helps fight against hunger and anxiety because of its pectin fiber. If you have a more alkaline diet, you will lose weight faster.
- – Contributes to good digestion. This is because it eliminates unwanted materials and also because it boosts bile production. It reduces constipation and stomach acid.
- – It is an excellent diuretic. It is great for purifying the body and getting rid of toxins more easily, creating a healthy urinary tract.
- – It relieves respiratory problems. Thanks to the mixture of hot water and lemon, you can get rid of chest infections and stop coughing. It is useful for asthma and allergies.
Is Drinking Warm Lemon Water in the Morning Good for You? Additional Advantages
Aside from the properties and benefits we listed above, drinking a glass of this mixture every morning will help you:
- – Cleanse your skin. Vitamin C reduces wrinkles and dark spots, and eliminates toxins in the blood, which you will notice in your complexion. It can be applied directly to your face to improve its appearance.
- – Freshen your breath. It also can be used for molar or toothaches and gingivitis. Be careful because lemon acid can also erode tooth enamel.
- – “Keep you zen”. When your mind is under stress, you lose Vitamin C. You can restore those levels with lemon.
- – Quit your caffeine addiction. You won’t need caffeine or coffee as much. You will start your day more healthily.