Cleanse Your Liver with Beetroot
The liver is the great purifier of our body. It’s capable of filtering the blood to remove large amount of toxins and waste that can adversely affect our health. It is said that our liver performs over 500 functions, although there are studies that indicate it may be many more. Hence, it’s important to have a liver that is healthy and functions at an optimum level every day.
Our liver is able to purify itself without any outside help when we provide it with essential nutrients. However, there could come a time when we overload it and prevent it from operating properly. A sedentary lifestyle, a poor diet, pollution, or the use of chemicals, among other factors, may result in excess toxins in the body and prevent the liver from properly performing its duties.
Luckily, the liver can be purified naturally by eating foods rich in nutrients, antioxidants and other substances that are key to its cleansing. We want to share an excellent home remedy using beetroot to cleanse your liver naturally and within days.
Beets to purify the liver
Beetroot (also called beet) has been used for decades to cleanse the liver and in the prevention of a large number of illnesses. It is very easy to include this food in your diet and it has a very pleasant taste for using in various recipes. Its benefits for purifying and detoxifying the liver are mainly due to the antioxidants that it contains that have the ability to fight free radicals in the body, which in the long run could cause illnesses.
It also contains a number of important substances such as betalain, fiber, iron, betacyanin, and folic acid, all of which are key to having a strong and healthy liver. Beetroot contains a fiber called pectin, which is what stimulates the cleansing and the removal of toxins from the liver, significantly improving its function.
In addition to this important benefit, beets have been associated with the healing of a damaged liver, improving the production of stomach acid, preventing free radicals in LDL (bad cholesterol) and the prevention of lung, liver, spleen, skin and colon cancers.
Beet remedy to cleanse and purify the liver
This powerful remedy using beets is highly recommended for people suffering from fatty liver disease, or who have liver problems as a result of smoking or drinking alcohol. The optimal functioning of this organ is synonymous with good health, because through it our body can eliminate all those substances that it does not need and that in the long term can cause us health problems.
- 1 glass jar to hold about 3 quarts (3 liters)
- 1.5 pounds (700 g) of beetroot
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup (200 g) of organic sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) of raisins
Cut the beets into small cubes and add them to the jar along with the remaining ingredients. Pour into the jar water that you have boiled, but that is now cooled down. Then let it ferment for 6 to 7 days. Put a gauze-like cloth over the top of the jar so that the mixture can breathe during this time of fermentation. Stir the mixture twice each day. After the seven days are up, filter the mixture into another container and it is ready to drink.
- You should take 3 tablespoons, 3 times a day.
- The mixture must be stored in the refrigerator.
- After a break of three months, you can repeat the treatment.
- It is possible that during the time that you are taking this beet remedy the color of your urine may have a red tint. There is no reason to be alarmed. This is a side effect produced by the color of the beets and is not hazardous to your health.
- In some people there might be an allergic reaction on the skin when eating beets. If this is the case with you, it is best to suspend taking this remedy.
- People who suffer from kidney stones or other kidney problems should refrain from trying this beet remedy.
- This remedy is strictly forbidden for people suffering from diabetes, since beets have more sugar than any other vegetable. Plus, in addition to the naturally occurring sugar there is the high sugar content that is used in the recipe for the preparation of this remedy.
- Beetroot could help fight constipation, since it aids with bowel movements. However, if you are having problems with diarrhea, it is better not to take this remedy because it can worsen this problem.