How to Clean Your Kidneys with Natural Remedies
A lot of people don’t know how truly important it is to clean your kidneys and keep them healthy. A lot of diseases originate from the urinary system. If you keep in mind that these organs are in charge of eliminating impurities from the body, you should definitely realize why it is so important to keep them in excellent condition.
Symptoms that indicate that your kidneys to cleaning
If you have high or low blood pressure, if the lower and frontal areas of the abdomen hurt, if your urine is very dark in color, if you are excessively thirsty, if your back hurts just above the waist, or if you go to the bathroom a lot at night, you might have some sort of imbalance in the urinary system.
Also, some warning signs could include urinating less that half a liter per day, if you always feel like your bladder is full, if you experience pain during urination, if your ankles often swell at night, if your eyes are puffy in the morning, if you get bruises or hemorrhages without having injured yourself.
Also, the presence of kidney stones or bladder stones is more than sufficient reason to cleanse your kidneys.
How to prevent imbalances in the kidneys
- Controlling your diet is truly very important in order to prevent the amount of toxins in the body from increasing. They move to the blood and then cannot be eliminated via urine.
- Avoid the formation of stones or kidney failure by avoiding a lot of salt or processed foods (especially frozen and breaded foods).
- Do not consume too many dairy products, especially whole milks.
- Try to reduce the amount of animal proteins you consume, from meat to eggs. This will help move the calcium along in the urine, which increases the possibilities of suffering from stones. They also contain a lot of uric acid.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages or heavily sugared beverages because they cause calcium to be eliminated more quickly.
- Try to follow a vegetarian diet or a diet rich in natural foods. Add a lot of natural fruit and vegetable juices to your diet.
- Consume large amounts of foods with diuretic properties, like oranges, grapes, lemons, grapefruit, celery, carrots, cucumber, apples, watermelon, cantaloupe, lettuce, Japanese plums and peaches.
- Limit your use of medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or anything similar.
- Drink considerable amounts of water every day (two liters in winter and three in the summer) so that your urine is nearly transparent, or a very light yellow color. It’s also not a good idea to drink too much water, because this causes the kidneys to work more.
Clean your kidneys in three days
This is not a magical solution that promises “clean kidneys in 72 hours”, but it will help you throughout the process. First, you need to avoid any and all coffee, alcohol, sodas, salt, and foods with a lot of protein for the first three days. All of these irritate the kidneys and prevent the bladder from eliminating toxins. Substitute these drinks with mineral water, substitute meats with linseed and sunflower, and almonds.
Start each day with a breakfast that includes a glass of blueberry juice, which reduces the amount of calcium that accumulates in the bladder. These sediments slow kidney functions and the toxins don’t “leave” the body. It also prevents urinary tract infections and kidney stones, which are very painful.
At mid-morning, drink one glass of potassium juice, which acts as a cleansing tonic and will help you stay energized throughout this three day process. You can make it yourself with carrot, celery, parsley and spinach juice, or blended as a smoothie.
At midday, drink one glass of liquid chlorophyll, a green colored substance that gives plants their color. It can be found at health food or diet stores. You could also grow grass seeds in a planter and cut and blend them. The body benefits from this, it improves the immune system, helps cleanse the blood, and has other benefits.
Between lunch and dinner, during snack time, drink one glass of watermelon seed tea. This beverage has a very soft diuretic effect, which helps activate kidney and bladder functions. It will help you better digest your food and have a bowel movement at night.
For dinner, drink carrot juice, to correct your frequency of urination. You could also consume blueberry juice.
Regarding your meals, you should eat what you want, keeping in mind that we have recommended dropping meat for these three days, along with flour. Take advantage of this to create a new diet.
Don’t forget to exercise or practice some sort of sport for these three days. You could walk daily for 30 minutes to improve kidney function as well. We also recommend going to a sauna to flush toxins out through sweat. You could take a hot water bath at home as well. Afterwards, refresh yourself with a warm or cold water shower.
And lastly, stretch your body morning and night. Elongate using correct form, which helps “activate” the body and provides more energy for facing the day and starting it off right.
Photos courtesy of Andrew Magill, Andreas Kontokanis, Kyle MacDonald, Chris RubberDragon and Tony Alter.